The Flying Burrito Brothers Live - Avalon Ballroom 1969

Well, as you know even though the Fillmore was much better known (and profitable) the Avalon was considered by the SF people to be the true "hippie church'. Chet Helms ran the place and to say their attitude was laid back would be a gross understatement. :lol

edit: It's definitely worth having Aman. I couldn't help but notice it says "Volume 1". Let's hope the title bodes well for the future.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: It's definitely worth having Aman. I couldn't help but notice it says "Volume 1". Let's hope the title bodes well for the future.
Needless to say I concur, despite the somwhat thoughtless packaging. It is so freaking fun to iisten to, but as I have said here so many times, today's musicians could play rings around these guys, but none the less they were the first generation (not of country music, but of country rock) and anything by them is worth listening to. Amoeba has done us a great favor as do all the reissue groups finding obscure recordings to promote.

LouieB

Yes..Rosie and I watched it a couple months back and I thought it was excellent.

LouieB

I've watched it a number of times now - everytime someone comes to visit I force 'em to sit down and watch it. :lol