The Flying Burrito Brothers Live - Avalon Ballroom 1969

Just picked up the new Archives Vol. 1 from Amoeba records. Halfway through the second disc in this fantastic set fom 1969 at the Avalon Ballroom. Wow. :dancing

Band is tight and the sound is absolutely fantastic. Gram's voice in on.

If your a fan and like them this is a must have.

Liner notes are great with some wonderful pictures. Highly reccommend. :monkey

Personal fave "Mental Revenge", Enjoy.

I'm sold...

LouieB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a copy waiting for me at Laurie's ....can't wait.

LouieB

Laurie's is the best.

Laurie's is the best.
Yea, frankly I was not sure they would have it. They sold out of the Dylan soundtrack CDs so I asked them to save me one of those when they came in yesterday and also save me this too. Can't wait for either of these. Gonna be great.

Did someone post of about the Laurie's 10th year show at the Hideout on November 18? If not maybe Samorama will post up more details soon.

LouieB

Which of the couple of Gram books, including the new one, is worth reading, if one were to read only one? The reviews of the new book say that while its a bio of Gram, it puts his life and music into a broader cultural and musical context, a perspective I like.

Which of the couple of Gram books, including the new one, is worth reading, if one were to read only one? The reviews of the new book say that while its a bio of Gram, it puts his life and music into a broader cultural and musical context, a perspective I like.

This new one is suppose to be good - so says No Depression.

So when is that biopic gonna be coming out?

I thought that it was in production?

No - that was joke on rock bio pics in general. I should have made that more clear.

S'okay. I'm kinda slow on the uptake, if you haven't noticed.

I've heard the novel "Moody Food" is really good. It's a fictionalized work that uses Gram as it's central character. I think the author is Ray Robertson. Sounded good. I went to my local Barnes and Noble but they didn't have it. Probaly would need to go online.

I did pick up "Twenty Thousand Roads" yesterday but haven't broken it opened it yet. That's the new Biography. Really looking forward to it as soon as i finish "Million Dollar Bash".

On a seperate note some above mentioned the Dylan "I'm Not There" soundtrack. I love it. There are definetly about 5 or 6 songs that could have been left off. Overall though very strong. Tracks 2 through 7 are fantastic. John Doe's "Pressing on" is Fantastic. Love Tweedy's "Simple twist of Fate" as well. Love that he morphed the lyrics but kept the mood. Quite a lot like Dylan does in his shows to this day. Nice homage. :monkey

I liked the Ben Fong Torres book as well. Apparently the new one is a bit better. I suppose there are only so many times you can tell the same story. For an easier way to get the info, watch the movie.

LouieB

S'okay. I'm kinda slow on the uptake, if you haven't noticed.

Of course, there was one already - sort of - Grand Theft Parsons.

I wonder if they will act out the cheery final death scene - I would think not.

I just got this but haven't listened yet...

Pretty good packaging except for the booklet that isn't really attached.

LouieB

Mine was stapled in the middle. Not sure if that is what you meant by not really attached.

Mine was stapled in the middle. Not sure if that is what you meant by not really attached.

One of the staples was already pulled out prior to me opening it and the other is precarious at best. Not taking it back just for that.

LouieB

One of the staples was already pulled out prior to me opening it and the other is precarious at best. Not taking it back just for that.

LouieB

Enjoy.

LouieB

At first, I thought you were talking about your surgery and I cringed.