ACL Guitar Questions

On "Too Far Apart", Jeff is playing a Zemaitis guitar. Is this a new guitar for him? I haven't seen him play it before. Second, on "Hate it Here", Jeff is playing a black guitar with a round metal pickguard. It looks like a Zemaitis to me, does anybody know if it is? 3rd, also on "Hate it Here" the fender that Nels is playing has a picture of somebody in the upper rear of the guitar. I can't seem to make out who it is. Does anybody know?

3rd, also on "Hate it Here" the fender that Nels is playing has a picture of somebody in the upper rear of the guitar. I can't seem to make out who it is. Does anybody know?

Kristen McNemany. she's a fashion model, or at least she was in the 80s and 90s. Nels has stated that he would like to be her.

On "Too Far Apart", Jeff is playing a Zemaitis guitar. Is this a new guitar for him? I haven't seen him play it before. Second, on "Hate it Here", Jeff is playing a black guitar with a round metal pickguard. It looks like a Zemaitis to me, does anybody know if it is? 3rd, also on "Hate it Here" the fender that Nels is playing has a picture of somebody in the upper rear of the guitar. I can't seem to make out who it is. Does anybody know?

Zemaitis Guitars

There is a photo of the one Jeff has on the site somewhere.

There was some talk about this in one of those sections about equipment - I think. The guitars are being made once again. I don't see Jeff buying vintage ones - I could be wrong though. Rich Robinson also plays a Zemaitis.

I did not go to ACL, but when Wilco played "Too Far Apart" in Dallas I believe Jeff played a Danelectro a la Jimmy Page. Here is a picture I took during that song, sorry it's a bit blurry. I also included a pic of Mr. Page rocking the Dragon pants and his Dano.

091407_Jeff_and_Nels_Too_Far_Apart.jpg

j_page_w_dano_2.jpeg

Zemaitis Guitars

There is a photo of the one Jeff has on the site somewhere.

There was some talk about this in one of those sections about equipment - I think. The guitars are being made once again. I don't see Jeff buying vintage ones - I could be wrong though. Rich Robinson also plays a Zemaitis.

The Zemaitis guitars that are being made now are copies, or under licence, seeing as Tony Zemaitis died a few years ago. I went to see him (Tony) once, as he had a test guitar that he didn't really know what to do with, and he sold it to me for