Cellphone troubles

you'd be surprised at how these things can keep going after some crazy situations. that said, liquid damage is usually not a good thing. keep an eye on it, even if it seems like it's working...it may not for long and, unfortunately, it won't be covered by the warranty (chemical, physical and liquid damage do not apply). good luck!

Christy, Brennan did the same thing to one of his phones. He was able to revive it, but had to methodically disassemble it and dry & clean the whole interior. (He's good at stuff like this, and exceedingly patient & careful) He told me to warn you against using the phone if it hasn't been cleaned of water & detergent, as the interior components could short each other out from being dirty. (He gave me this info on the fly so this was my basic understanding of what he was saying.)

Sweet kid that he is, he told me to tell you that if you wanted to mail it to him, he would be happy to clean it for you. He uses a professional proceedure that he found somewhere online. Of course he couldn't promise anything, but he thought it would be worth a try, if you wanted to. I would trust him with my own cell phone, if it were me. :thumbup

My brother did the same thing to his phone, it didn't work for long after letting it dry out completely. But, you may get lucky. If not, the upside is you can get a new phone, granted, you'll have to shell out some $, but I like getting new electronic stuff... maybe I should "accidentally" wash my phone... ;)

Well, it sort of works.

The mute just keeps turning on and off by itself. We're going to let it dry out a little more and then if it doesn't work, he'll just have to get a new one. Unfortunately, we're not able to upgrade with the discount yet.

If you have to buy a new one, don't forget to check eBay. Much cheaper, and I bought a phone there in the past for a trip to India (needed an international phone, back before I had a quad-band phone with my regular plan).

Guest Speed Racer

I dropped mine in the sink washing dishes once, and Verizon gave me a new phone without blinking. Or charging (I don't have insurance on my phone, either). Very nice. And then I lost it a week later and then bought a new one. And then I found the phone I "lost" in my backpack. And then I returned the new, new phone.

So I say, if it doesn't work, bring it in and they may just give you a new one. Just don't lose it in your backpack.

Guest Speed Racer

You know, I was looking for a thread waaay back in TTL today, and I ended up on the photos thread. Now that I know what you and Jason look like, I feel like it was my cell phone that died.