Stevie Wonder, MSG, 11/17/07

The greatest concert I will ever see, what an honor to have been there.

He played "For Once In My Life" in the old Motown style, then did it again in a mellower style, joined on stage by Tony Bennett.

Later on, fucking PRINCE comes out and plays guitar on "Superstition"...

Stevie's voice sounded exuberant, joyous, the most amazing instrument... his harmonica playing was spot-on, a virtuoso... his band was top-notch as always, the great Nathan Watts anchoring the whole thing with his magnificent bass playing... Keith John (Little Willie John's son) was one of the backing vocalists, as was Aisha Morris (Stevie's daughter, as in "Life is Aisha... the meaning of her name")

On the way home, we cranked the iPod and listened to all of the amazing songs he didn't get to play (Isn't She Lovely, You Haven't Done Nothin', Uptight (Everything's Alright), I Was Made to Love Her, I Believe [When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever], Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away, Creepin', you can go on and on and on).

Lots of celebratory alcohol as well, so I'm feeling, tired, tipsy, and in a complete state of bliss.

Later on, fucking PRINCE comes out and plays guitar on "Superstition"...

Holy shit! :w00t

I'm really sad I missed Stevie's Detroit-area show ... I don't think I heard about it until it was too late. :ohwell

Whoa, Mart! What a show! And couldn't happen to a nicer concert-goer.

I take it the crowd went somewhat wild with the Prince appearance?

The whole thing sounds like something you'd dream of, assuming you were on REALLY good drugs at the time you were dreaming.

Reading this review gave me goosebumps and put a big smile on my face! For YOU Mart!! I'm so happy for you to be at this show as it must have been so completely thrilling, DANG! I can't even imagine! I mean, you were so excited just talking about the show I attended. :lol

And look what you got!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!

Damn! Tony Bennett? And then Prince ! ? !

:w00t

• 2 weeks later...