Now there's some news you can use! :lol There can be no question his wife is lovely.

Harrelson at the fundraiser. One of my oldest and dearest friends went to college with Woody. He had some very humorous tales about the experience.

i certainly like obama better than any other democrat.

on the republican side, thompson is the only one i'd even consider. but he might not make the nomination...

in which case, obama would get my vote.

or if hillary gets the nod instead...i will likely not vote at all.

that's where i am at the moment.

i certainly like obama better than any other democrat.

on the republican side, thompson is the only one i'd even consider. but he might not make the nomination...

in which case, obama would get my vote.

or if hillary gets the nod instead...i will likely not vote at all.

that's where i am at the moment.

That's about where I'm at as well although I'd vote Obama over any of the Republicans. I can't fathom voting for Hillary unless Rudy is the nominee

I'm voting for Obama.

Kennedy had no "experience" in '60 and he beat a seasoned Nixon, so there is certainly precedent.

More than anything, our country needs inspiration and re-invigoration, and I think he's the only one that can actually do that. Hillary is tempting because I love the idea of Bill getting heavily involved in foreign policy and retrieving the good name of the US abroad. I think she will end up winning the nomination, but I'm still voting Barak.

With friends like that......

Actually I know any number of Democrats who are drooling over Ron Paul as well. The idea of a candidate who is simply going to give a message that never changes is sort of reassuring if completely unreal. Sure we all that like the idea that a person is going to stick to an ideological position through thick and thin (we have a governor like that in IL by the way....) and try and deliver on that ideology is very appealing. But as the expression goes " two things you never want to see made are sausage and legislation". Governing and politics is the art of compromise; so politicians getting the caught "waffling" isn't so strange. How else does one get anything done over time in a political world??

LouieB

Actually I know any number of Democrats who are drooling over Ron Paul as well.

:no I totally don't get this. He has two issues on which I agree with him, but aside from those two issues, he's as right-wing as right-wing gets.

:no I totally don't get this. He has two issues on which I agree with him, but aside from those two issues, he's as right-wing as right-wing gets.

Yeah...abolishing the Federal Reserve and the CIA will play REALLY well in the heartland.

Ron Paul is similar to George Bush in that he is totally unwavering in his worldview.

The idea of a candidate who is simply going to give a message that never changes is sort of reassuring if completely unreal. Sure we all that like the idea that a person is going to stick to an ideological position through thick and thin (we have a governor like that in IL by the way....)

LouieB

Ron Paul is a Libertarian version of George Bush.

No shit!! Partially I think it is his anti-Iraq and drug war stances....

LouieB

Actually I know any number of Democrats who are drooling over Ron Paul as well.

LouieB

There is a a youtube clip up of Paul being asked who of the canidates running, besides himself, that he likes and he says Kucinich. The far right and left do have a lot of things in common.

There is a a youtube clip up of Paul being asked who of the canidates running, besides himself, that he likes and he says Kucinich. The far right and left do have a lot of things in common.

Weird isn't it...???

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

Make of this what you will: Thursday night Barack was campaigning in NYC and was seen at the Apollo Theatre schmoozing with the unofficial mayor of Harlem - The Reverend Al Sharpton.

OK, flame on you haters. :lol

We had a story in the paper about how Tawana Brawley's mom wanted some charges still pending against her dropped so she and Tawana could attend "celebrations" of the 20th anniversary of the, uh, incident. New York State AG Andrew Cuomo did not oblige.