In craze of celebrity grease!

Do we really need to fucking know that Britney Spears gave it up when she was 14? That [insert celebrity husband here] stormed off when [insert celebrity wife here] got a little too cozy with her hunky new co-star? That [insert starlet here] has gained 10 pounds because she's depressed that [insert ex here] has moved on with [insert starlet #2 here]?

Since when did any of this become anyone's business, so much so that there are entire racks of magazines devoted to out-scooping the others with more and more invasively personal details about these people's lives? I can't wait until somebody launches "In Style - BM," a magazine wholly devoted to all aspects of celebrity excreta.

Just ignore this. I need a blog.

I'm on a strict no-gossip (celebrity or personal) diet. I wrote about it on my blog a few days ago.

In Style BM - a Chuck Berry Publication :stunned

Not only magazines though Ninjas. There must be a dozen TV shows about stuff like this. Unbelievably annoying.

I hate that, when I go to CNN's website, generally at least half the stories are either about stupid celebrities or potential Darwin Awards winners. It really seems to have shifted in the last year or so.

Even the local news programs seem to think we give a shit about the Britneys and Paris Hiltons of the world.

People. This is the Detroit area. It's not like there isn't plenty of fucked-up actual news to report.

is this the irrational venting thread? Because, enough of those damn dancing with the stars show(s)!! Everywhere I click, there's footage of Marie and Donnie goddamned Osmond!?>?!?!!? I thought they were dead!

Not only that, but Marie made it through to the finals last night, and Kelly from 90210 got bumped!!! Where's the justice, people?!? :realmad

Not only that, but Marie made it through to the finals last night, and Kelly from 90210 got bumped!!! Where's the justice, people?!? :realmad

There are, like, a million Osmonds, right? Marie has a built-in advantage in the voting.

You know how I know that Kucinich isn't considered a front-runner for Prez? I have yet to see his smokin' hot redhead wife on teh cover of the gossip mags.

Yet.

is this the irrational venting thread? Because, enough of those damn dancing with the stars show(s)!! Everywhere I click, there's footage of Marie and Donnie goddamned Osmond!?>?!?!!? I thought they were dead!

GAHA! No sheet! They showed her ass falling down on Dancing with the Morons about 6000 times on TV.

I will never ever understand why anyone cares about all these vapid party whores. I could care less. Why do people care? Please explain.

• 1 month later...

Bump. Anyone heard anything about how JL Spears's pregnancy is affecting the function/output of her colon?

On a related note, I failed in my remote duty last night, and accidentally caught the first minute of Extra!, during the introductory portion of which I heard the announcer (some 45 year old white dude) say, "Who is Jamie Lynn Spears's real babydaddy?"