It's official - DOJ wont block Sirius & XM merger

As an XM user and liker, I worry about it too.

This from a CNN story a couple weeks ago:

" Sirius and XM now offer packages of music, talk, sports and other programming for a fixed rate of $12.95 a month. Many of the music channels are commercial-free, and unlike terrestrial radio, the signals can be received anywhere in the U.S.

If the deal is approved, the companies have said they would offer pricing plans ranging from $6.99 per month, for 50 channels offered by one service, up to $16.99 a month, where subscribers would keep their existing service plus choose channels offered by the other service. It isn't possible now to pick channels one by one."

Deep Tracks is my fave XM, followed by the old-school rap channel and the '70s one. Dylan's radio show is the shit; Petty's one is nearly as good. Best 19 some-odd dollars I spend a month. (Two radios; home and car.)

If they mess with the Sirius Disorder channel I will cancel! On the XM side, The Loft is a great one.

Is Disorder still around? I thought it became the Grateful Dead channel. Did it get a new station number??

Any chance the merger will help reception?(by putting more satellites to use?) I get lousy Sirius signal at my house (just north of Columbus, OH)--I don't get reliable signal until I get in my car and drive towards the city--I'm guessing b/c there must be terrestrial repeaters there. I dunno--it baffles me how a frigging satellite can't seem to find my house. :unsure

Is Disorder still around? I thought it became the Grateful Dead channel. Did it get a new station number??

Any chance the merger will help reception?(by putting more satellites to use?) I get lousy Sirius signal at my house (just north of Columbus, OH)--I don't get reliable signal until I get in my car and drive towards the city--I'm guessing b/c there must be terrestrial repeaters there. I dunno--it baffles me how a frigging satellite can't seem to find my house. :unsure

Maybe you need to remove the tin foil from the attic.

XM uses satellites in geosynchronous orbit - all you need is a straight shot at the southern sky. Sirius' four satellites move around, but the wiki says they will launch a geosynchronous one next year.