everybody else is doing it...

I might as well plug a show I've got coming up... I'm very excited to have a 4-piece band together for my show at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC on Thursday, January 3, 2008, at 7pm. I'm opening for Irish singer/songwriter Michael Brunnock, an immensely talented writer who has toured extensively with The Frames. He'll be singing a song with me during my set, and I'll be singing a song with him during his set at 8pm. Hope any NY-area-based VCers might consider coming by.

Martin Rivas

with Craig Meyer on drums, Chris Kuffner on bass, and Eric Katerle on guitar

Rockwood Music Hall

Thursday January 3, 2008, 7pm

196 Allen Street

New York City 10002

between E. Houston and Stanton

take the f and v subway to 2nd ave

Man, of all the crass, commercial things to do on the internet, pimping bands is the lowest of the low!

Wish I could be there Mart.

Look to be coming to Manhattan in the new year, using a friend's apartment in the Trump tower for a base of operations. Please say that you will be moving heaven and earth and playing some show whenever I get my shit together and decide on a date.

Look to be coming to Manhattan in the new year, using a friend's apartment in the Trump tower for a base of operations. Please say that you will be moving heaven and earth and playing some show whenever I get my shit together and decide on a date.

We'll definitely be playing while you're in nyc, T... let me know the dates.

We'll definitely be playing while you're in nyc, T... let me know the dates.

Been meaning to chime in on this...

If you have any hope of making it to Mart's show on Jan. 3, do what you have to do to get there. Not only is he marvelous and will have a great band playing with him, an all-original set is a rare treat. One of the pleasures of living in the NYC area is getting the chance to see Mart play so often. :thumbup

And Tualla, I'm going to be really sad if your visit happens when I'm not in town. See what you can do about that...:lol (I really will be sad, though.)

In the interest of being a blatant pimp for my show this coming Thursday, I'm bumping this up in the hope that any NYC-area-based VCers might be in the neighborhood.

Hey Mart...I'm flying home that day, so weather permitting, I'll be there! (It might be a little tight timewise, though, so if it's OK, I might need to borrow your keys before the show to throw my bags in your car. :blush)