I miss when Mtv was relevant. I miss videos. Am I alone?

It's tough to remember back that long.

I do remember 120 minutes fairly fondly. That said, I always found most music videos pretentious. Lip synching, looking serious, overly dramatic, etc. I do like some of the live videos and I loved seeing interviews with bands that I did like. Pearl Jam is one of the last bands that mattered on MTV...and I liked them much more once they stopped making videos.

It's tough to remember back that long.

I do remember 120 minutes fairly fondly. That said, I always found most music videos pretentious. Lip synching, looking serious, overly dramatic, etc. I do like some of the live videos and I loved seeing interviews with bands that I did like. Pearl Jam is one of the last bands that mattered on MTV...and I liked them much more once they stopped making videos.

I second that. That list shocks me...the further down I scrolled, the more convinced I became that this was posted in the wrong forum, because MTV couldn't possibly have made such a good call. Wonders never cease!

As background music, Summerteeth is pretty straightforward. Lyrics, no, but music? Pretty straightforward.

I can buy that.

Being 21 I don't think I remember a time when MTV was even remotely relevant. By the time I really started watching, 120 minutes was at the tail end of it's run. My first memories of watching MTV are from The Smashing Pumpkins "Tonight, Tonight" video :blush

I miss when Mtv was relevant. I miss videos. Am I alone?

I miss it as well. I don't watch ANYTHING on it anymore :ohwell And I remember the VERY second it aired, we all went to our "cool" friend's house who had cable...lol

And this list is VERY strange coming from MTV!

Being 21 I don't think I remember a time when MTV was even remotely relevant. By the time I really started watching, 120 minutes was at the tail end of it's run. My first memories of watching MTV are from The Smashing Pumpkins "Tonight, Tonight" video :blush

Being 17 the first thing i remember on MTV was n'sync and the spice girls (before they came back)

mtv always sucked for me, however i do remember them playing music videos if i was ever home sick in like elementary school

oh pop culture

Did you notice there are photos of all the artists to the right -- except Wilco? Wilco gets an MTV logo instead. :hmm

yeah i saw that, it made me smile

says something about MTV tho, they rate SBS #1 but don't even have a picture of the artist to put on the website

There was a day when MTV was the coolest thing ever.

i missed the appeal of the videos totally, never could get it. the phony lip-synching, the bad acting, the stiltedness of it all -- it just

seemed pathetic to me. also, didn't anyone besides me not want the intrusion in your brain of some marketing exec's visual interpretation

of the music? once you see a video, the magic is gone. you can't use your imagination. someone else's trendy idea comes screaming into

your mind with guns blazing every time you hear a song. "can't stand it"!