Vancouver Tornado

Sounds like a sports team, I know, but it's just more weird weather:

http://www.kirotv.com/weather/15023235/detail.html

Stay safe, Dreamin' Judy, and any others in the area! Those of you being hammered by the storms in the southern states, stay safe too. :cheekkiss Looks like Mississippi & Alabama are taking a beating.

I like that the woman who was walking her dog and got blown across the street grabbed onto a cyclone fence. How appropriate. :P

Sounds like a sports team, I know, but it's just more weird weather:

http://www.kirotv.com/weather/15023235/detail.html

Stay safe, Dreamin' Judy, and any others in the area! Those of you being hammered by the storms in the southern states, stay safe too. :cheekkiss Looks like Mississippi & Alabama are taking a beating.

I like that the woman who was walking her dog and got blown across the street grabbed onto a cyclone fence. How appropriate. :P

Donna, this actually happened in Vancouver WASHINGTON, not too far north of Portland Oregon. Jerod works in Vancouver, but luckily the twister was nowhere near the hospital. What if it hit the hospital...where would the injured go? Just thinking out loud.

Oh, duh!....I clearly wasn't paying close attention. Glad Jerod is ok! You raise a good point, and a scary one....we all act as though places of refuge, like hospitals, are somehow immune from the capricious behavior of the weather, but of course they aren't.

I'm still glad Dreamin' Judy is ok. :P

Oh, duh!....I clearly wasn't paying close attention. Glad Jerod is ok! You raise a good point, and a scary one....we all act as though places of refuge, like hospitals, are somehow immune from the capricious behavior of the weather, but of course they aren't.

I'm still glad Dreamin' Judy is ok. :P

Some of the most unbelieveable stories from Hurricane katrina came from those Dr's and Nurses who stayed behind at Charity Hospital in New Orleans.

Some of the dumbest to! Probably the dumbest was the fact that the emergency generators of the cities trauma hospital were in the basement. A city that is about 9 feet below sea level at that location and who's main risk is flooding.

Sorry for the tanegent/ thread hijac. My sister and brotehr in law live in Starkeville, MS and I couldn't get in touch with them yesterday. She finally called yesterday evening.

Hope everyone is safe