Conan O Brien is struggling like a mofo

Its kind of fun to watch actually.

He has no material so last night he rode around on a little girls bike, spun his wedding ring on his desk, and sent an audience member up to raid the snack machine.

He looks haggard as all hell with his beard. I dont know how much longer they can put on a show.

I think he's doing it on purpose... He could write his own material if he wanted to (check his history, he's been a writer for many shows including the Simpsons).. That's just his sense of humor.

He's one of those comedians kind of like Andy Kaufman was.. Makes you go "what the fuck?".

I think he's doing it on purpose... He could write his own material if he wanted to (check his history, he's been a writer for many shows including the Simpsons).. That's just his sense of humor.

He's one of those comedians kind of like Andy Kaufman was.. Makes you go "what the fuck?".

He cant write a whole show five nights a week. Hes already doing a bit of a monologue and fills the air time with something. Im sure thats impossible enough.

He is growing that beard on purpose and it looks crazy as hell.

He cant write a whole show five nights a week. Hes already doing a bit of a monologue and fills the air time with something. Im sure thats impossible enough.

He is growing that beard on purpose and it looks crazy as hell.

Yeah, good point.. Just want to give him credit that he does have the ability and it's defintely in his sense of humor to make people think he's totally losing it.

Conan's country/western song the other night was pretty good and pretty funny.

John Stewart is struggling too. I have not seen every episode this week and there have been some decent moments but there has also been some floundering.

you don't think these guys are trying to make a point, in defense of their writers?

Because he is a member of the Writer's Guild, I don't think he is allowed to write any material.

Because he is a member of the Writer's Guild, I don't think he is allowed to write any material.

I believe he can write material for himself to deliver on air. He just can't write for anyone else.

Yeah, I think you're right. But there's obviously a gray area in that. Last night, Conan started the show by giving the audience 3 choices for what Conan could do. The first 2 options were lengthy political commentaries on 2 different subjects. The ideas were actually typed on the screen in lengthy paragraphs. The 3rd option was to ride a girls bike. I'm sure Conan wrote the commentaries/jokes.

And Leno is still doing his monologue. People can say what they want about Leno, but the guy DOES have good monologues. I don't think his monologue quality has dropped off too significantly.

As for Letterman, his show is so bland. And I just don't find him that funny anymore. He's STILL doing the Great Moments in Presidential Speeches....that bit is SO,SO,SO old!!!! Dave, it ain't funny anymore.

Letterman, despite having his writers back, is still getting beat by Leno.

People can say what they want about Leno,

ok............ he sucks and he always seems to step on his guests jokes. I think he can't handle anyone being more funny that he is. As you can see, I'm not a big fan of Leno.

I do not enjoy the comedic stylings of Mr. Leno. His jokes are often decent, but his delivery is awful and he ruins his own jokes by laughing at them. Plus, he's still a terrible interviewer despite all the years he's had to practice.

And then there's the high-fiving-the-crowd thing at the beginning of each show. Makes me want to vomit.

I do not enjoy the comedic stylings of Mr. Leno. His jokes are often decent, but his delivery is awful and he ruins his own jokes by laughing at them. Plus, he's still a terrible interviewer despite all the years he's had to practice.

And then there's the high-fiving-the-crowd thing at the beginning of each show. Makes me want to vomit.

My feelings exactly.

I prefer O'Brien over both Leno ( who I never watch) and Letterman. I agree some of Dave's stuff is woefully outdated, but still generally enjoy his show.

And I'm kinda digging seeing Conan winging it out there since the return to air. It's true the show is suffering, and I'm fast forwarding past the "lazer show" bits.

Still, the guy is hanging in there.