Conan O Brien is struggling like a mofo

Leno is annoying and a dork. I think old people on Social Security is his audience.

Conan rules and I cant wait for him to take over the Tonight Show. Letterman is a classic, still good.

I dont mind Jimmy Kimmel but he is on too late and no HD.

Basically my feelings.. All though Leno has that silly, "snicker laugh" kind of humor.. Like the drum fill kind of humor,and some people love that, just not me..

Letterman is a genius and a legend... He's funny when he's not trying to be.. Just his manorisms and how he talks to his guests is just hilarious.

Conan definitely rules.. He has that "warped" since of humor that I love. I'll be driving down the road and think of something he has done on his show, and just start cracking up.. I hope he'll be remembered as one of the great comical geniuses of our time.

Letterman ruled in the 80's and early 90's. He was silly, off the wall, sarcastic, goofy, and had great bits. Chris Elliot may be the best late-night writer/guest/bit actor of all time. Looking back, I'm not sure if it was Letterman I liked, or the crazy, bizarre sense of humor led by Letterman, but provided by great writers and bits. But I cannot stand Letterman anymore. His show is so damned repetitive. And Letterman's starting to get the smug, almost condescending attitude that John Stewart wreaks of. And, speaking of Stewart, let HIM do the political show. Jokes about politics have a place on late night TV, but Letterman ain't good at it.

Leno was also hilarious in the 80's. The guy is a tireless and relentless comedian. The guy works non-stop. He has perfected writing quick jokes and taking good angles on subjects he makes fun of. I, too, thought he was weak in the mid-to-late 90's. He had a little Arsenio Hall in his show...it seemed to try to be a little too hip and mainstream. But the past few years I've totally changed my opinion. Leno's humor is definitely more straight-forward, but his monologue jokes are solid. Some of Leno's bits are quite weak, but the show makes up for it with great guest bit players. Fred Willard has been on countless times playing different characters...always hilarious. Howie Mendel, Tom Green and many other comedians have been on to do a report from various big events. They have some creative bits, like the guy talking to people at the gas pump or talking to the people in the picture booth. And maybe I'm a dork, but Headlines is STILL funny (take notice, Dave Letterman, that the bit is only ONCE a week...not every damned day). And Ross the Intern's segments are more entartaining than any show "character" I've seen on Letterman in forever. Leno isn't a talented interviewer, but he's such a nice guy, that most guests genuinely seem to like Jay and seemed relaxed and themselves. I get a kick out of Leno getting a kick out of his guests. Last night Jimmy Kimmel was on and was a good guest to watch.

Conan....well, he's just the best. His show reminds me of Letterman's show back in the 80's. Except Conan is more talented now than Letterman was then. Conan gets it. He's all about being goofy, funny and off-the-wall. Some of his bits are just crazy wierd, but somehow funny as hell. The bits with announcer guy Joel are funny. Characters like The Interupter, Masturbating Bear and Pimpbot are genius....as is the new college mascots. Amy Poehler used to play a teenage girl in the audience that had a crush on Conan....great stuff. Andy Richter was a great contributor, but somehow Conan has made his show even better.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a longtime, HUGE fan of late-night TV. Johnny Carson was legendary....maybe won't ever be topped. Arsenio sucked. Larry Sanders was brilliant. SNL doesn't have the major talent of Will Ferrel or Phil Hartman or Dana Carvey, but the current lineup is very good, I think.

That's my take.

I wish to also cast my vote against Bill Maher. :glare

Like Leno, Bill thinks waaaay too much of himself.

I agree and disagree. Maher thinks WAY too much of himself. I saw him do stand-up, and he's quite funny, but he definitely thinks he's gods gift to mankind.

I don't think Leno does.

I don't get why everyone rips so hard on Leno. If people don't like his jokes or personality, fine. But everything I've heard suggests he's a very good guy and a friendly guy. His repertoire with people on the street is so natural. I imagine that's how he always is. Sure, his comedy may seem mainstream and un-edgy, but it ain't easy writing jokes that make a large majority of people laugh.

Letterman, to me, comes off as a little surly to people. And I never hear or read about Dave out in public, so who the hell knows how he really is.

I don't get why everyone rips so hard on Leno. If people don't like his jokes or personality, fine. But everything I've heard suggests he's a very good guy and a friendly guy. His repertoire with people on the street is so natural. I imagine that's how he always is. Sure, his comedy may seem mainstream and un-edgy, but it ain't easy writing jokes that make a large majority of people laugh.

From what I've read and seen, Leno is a great guy. That doesn't mean I can stand his show.

This is exactly why I relate to him so much.

Exactly.