Is Jessica Simpson cute?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't peruse pics at the office, but if someone would post a pic of Sela Ward, I would appreciate it.

Also, Reni, your allure goes way beyond any of these chicks.

I just have trouble blaming other people for my problems. That doesn't solve anything. Do advertisers manipulate us? Absolutely. Do we still have the choice to not buy their products. Absolutely. Is it wrong of them to use ads that make us want to buy their products? Absolutely not.

We live in a capitalist economy, and the corporation's responsibility ends at their bottom line. Whether you agree with that or not, isn't the issue. In our society, we have developed a system where the individual is responsible for their actions. Obviously if Burger King laces their burgers with arsenic, they have over stepped their bounds. But, as long as they pass health and FDA inspections, they have every right to squeeze every dollar out of us, if they can, and if we are so easy to manipulate.

If I see Burger King's burgers and want one, it is because of me. They are supposed to make their stuff look enticing. It would be stupid to suggest otherwise.

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ0504-MAY_AMERICA

Chuck Klosterman's take.

Corporate responsibility begins when corporations start breaking the law; meanwhile, personal responsibility never ends.

Indeed.

I just have trouble blaming other people for my problems. That doesn't solve anything. Do advertisers manipulate us? Absolutely. Do we still have the choice to not buy their products. Absolutely. Is it wrong of them to use ads that make us want to buy their products? Absolutely not.

We live in a capitalist economy, and the corporation's responsibility ends at their bottom line. Whether you agree with that or not, isn't the issue. In our society, we have developed a system where the individual is responsible for their actions. Obviously if Burger King laces their burgers with arsenic, they have over stepped their bounds. But, as long as they pass health and FDA inspections, they have every right to squeeze every dollar out of us, if they can, and if we are so easy to manipulate.

If I see Burger King's burgers and want one, it is because of me. They are supposed to make their stuff look enticing. It would be stupid to suggest otherwise.

Chuck Klosterman's take.

Indeed.

part of the problem is that the government subsidizes the industry that makes possible all the cheap nutritionally inadequate foods (corn and soy production). if real food was as affordable people might be inclined to make better health choices.

Chuck Klosterman's take.

Indeed.

And what if they, the agriculture/food industry manipulate the FDA process - have an unfair influence on their decision making

thats why you need to vote Democrat

Are you really blaming obesity on the Republicans?

i swear my son owen is already practicing to take Kobayashi down...the kid can put away hot dogs like there is a $50K check involved.

as far as kate is concerned, while we are discussing the merits of physical attributes (of which you have plenty) in this particular thread...your passion and intelligence, as already stated, is extremely attractive.

not as attractive as graham's lanky forearms and pectorals, but still pretty hot.

oh llynn.....that's going on my wishlist.

thanks for the recommend!

:thumbup

I am really fascinated by imagery, marketing, etc and its influence and affect on the self esteem and self image of young girls and women......I don't have the time or energy to get into this debate right now (even though it is a topic near and dear to my heart) but I will say this....an image is never JUST an image.....