getting a picture taken with jeff

In Madison? Cool! I wonder where they were recording.

Yes, In Madtown. Many a cool band has recorded there, including Nirvana. And ya know, I'm pretty sure he told me where and for what project, but its such a blur to me now, as I was so concentrated at the time of not being a complete jackoff (made all the more difficult when you show Nels your 'dream wilco setlist'). :monkey

Jeff is by far the most approachable musician I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The rest of the guys are super nice as well, but Jeff seems to take more time and realizes that he's going to be more "in demand" if you will.

I've seen them once each of the last four years and with the exception of the infamous Charlottesville debacle (not the show - by far the best I've witnessed), I've been able to meet all the guys and get pictures/autographs EVERY time.

The first time I met Jeff I was super nervous. I mean almost shaking and crying nervous... we were all hanging out in this basement type room (it was after the very first wilco show i saw) and I was with Jesse, and Julie, and Nate, and were were all just hanging out. Jeff walks in the room and comes directly over to our little group. He talked with us for damn near an hour. I was smiling like crazy, and shook his hand and said "Hi, I'm SarahC" and he asked me what I thought of the show, which I said was amazing, and went on a ramble about I play guitar with AGIB and how I jump off my amp sometimes during "ALTWYS" and he just grinned and gave me a hug. I wanted to faint right then and there. I told him how I had wanted to buy the poetry book at the merch table, but ran out of money because the shirt was expensive, and he got Jason's(tour manager) attention and had him get a couple books, he gave one to me and Jesse and signed them for us without even saying a word. I was flabbergasted! :w00t

But yeah, best advice is to wait by the buses. That's what I have done 3 of the 4 times I have met Jeff. :)

3443C7935232327Ffp643Dot3E23233D3C5.jpg

i just can't imagine having a conversation with jeff, i wouldn't know what to say and would feel like such a dork. i know he is very approachable, down to earth and nice to his fans (thats one of the reasons i love him so much) but i am such a fan and i know my stomach will be in knots but i think i will be able to at least ask for a picture and maybe sign something. :)

I've had a couple of conversations with him. He was totally cool and interesting. I'm sure I babbled like a fool, but he was really nice and funny. The crazy thing was, the second time I met him, I introduced myself and he said, "Sure, I remember you." (Meaning he remembered me from a previous living room show I assume.)

I've talked to John too. At first he seemed just slightly bothered when I went to say hi to him after an Autumn Defense gig (he was with friends), but he lit up with I asked about the cool bass he'd been playing and told me about the instrument.

Anyway, just be polite and wait for a good moment to ask, and you'll be cool. Jeff's totally nice about taking pictures with fans.