Scarnella show in Echo Park, CA

From Carla's mailing list. (Scarnella is the name of the Nels/Carla project. Evangelista is the name of her new band.)

+ + +

so...... i DO apologize for not announcing the gig on jan 4 at the smell's 10th annivesary. don't be mad. it was a last minute decision--- the first scarnella show in a couple of years. it was fun. we're doing it again in a few days at Pehrspace in echo park, ca and nels is unveiling a new technique for guitar non-enthusiasts. yaaa haaa.

Monday Feb 4th 9:30 pm $5 all ages

short sets. we'll probably play 3rd or 4th or who knows? come see the whole thing and bring your moms and cats.

Foot Village

Carla Bozulich

Sonelle

Barry Conley

Jeff Boynton

DJ Professor Cantaloupe

complimentary soup by chef Andy Ben

Pehrspace

325 Glendale Blvd, just S of Temple, in Echo Park

PLUS---we (EVANGELISTA) will be touring from march 11 through at least end of june. preliminary dates are coming. more in august, etc....

I ended up going . . . I always enjoy a show when Nels participates, he just one of my favorite people . . .

it was pretty much improve, Carla had some soulful moments . . . the most interesting point for vc'ers is Nels never picked up a guitar, he played effects for their two improves, Carla's voice and guitar going through a myriad of pedals and effects mostly tweaked by Nels . . .

There were 5 acts on the bill, Carla played 3rd (i think)

I would gladly go see any group Ms. Bozulich performs with . . .

i'm gonna try and not be such a jerk during lent so that's all i got for now

That actually doesn't surprise me that Nels didn't play. I read somewhere (Mike Watt's Myspace, I think) earlier this week that Mike Watt had delayed the recording of the new Black Gang album because Nels has been having some neck, arm, and shoulder problems. They're going to record in April instead. I'm guessing Nels is probably trying to rest up for the tour. Let's hope he's feeling better soon!

I'm looking forward to the new Evangelista album that's due out next month, and it's cool that Scarnella played another show, even if Nels wasn't exactly playing.