Hope you are all safe and sound!

I just missed meeting the Southaven tornado in person. I was driving home from work and was about 5 minutes ahead going through the intersection where it hit hardest and destroyed a warehouse. As I got to the Southaven exit, I could see the storm moving in from the west, then had it in my rearview mirror all the way home. We were very fortunate. No damage at all. Just 2 hours in the closet under the stairs with 2 adults, 3 kids and a dog.

Glad to hear you guys are ok.

sooie, your pix are terrifying. jesus.

what a terrible night. i just heard on the radio there are flood warnings in effect.

thank you everyone for checking in. damn. sooo relieved to hear that you are safe.

*remembering yesterday sooie's "i hear sirens" post in the rtt.*

Anybody heard from E-Sue? Doesn't she live in KY?

:wave I was in bed last night when things started getting bad, but I managed to get back to sleep. Other than some minor flooding on our cul-de-sac, and some branches strewn around, no damage here. I'm glad the Sooies and everyone else are okay!

Thanks for thinking of me. :cheekkiss

We were at out neighbor's house watching Tennessee beat Florida at hoops and had to head down into their crawlspace for a while. I've never seen the color black on the radar before, so when it showed a black streak heading straight at our neighborhood and the sirens went off, it was pretty freaky. When we got home later in the evening, a section of our fence had blown over. We had another tornado warning around 1 a.m., and it rained so hard that water got into out crawlspace and shut off our water heater. The roof, which we are having replaced in 2 weeks, was unharmed, so we will still be paying for the new roof (not our insurance company). Still, a day without hot water and a partially unfenced back yard is a lot better than some of the alternatives. Some of my coworkers still haven't found out if relatives are okay.

My buddy took some pictures looking out from the garage (yes, the two of us were dumb enough to leave the womenfolk in the crawlspace and venture out). I'll post them if he remembers to send them my way. As creepy as the black mark on the radar was, it was creepier seeing it in real life.

Echoing what BWW said. Was pretty bad. Right where I live (In South Nashville) we didn't get it too bad, couple of trees down but to the west of us in the next county there were some deaths and a bunch of homes destroyed. That fucker hit them then kind of lifted over Nashville then set down again to the northeast and demolished another little community, blew up a gas pipeline then jumped the state line into KY and wreaked havoc there.

I'll also say that I have never seen black on the weather radar either...creepy stuff. The news here does a really great job of letting people know whats going down, they were on from 7 to well past midnight non-stop, updating and tracking stuff.

Crazy thing is it's not even Tornado season here yet...It gets like this in March and April

Yeah, the news-folks around here deserve a lot of credit with really doing a good job letting people know the exact track of the storm. It was astonishing to see how specific they were forecasting the areas -- had they not specified that the storm was heading right for West Meade, I don't know that we would have taken shelter, but when you see a radar map with the street names around you and a big black radar splotch heading your way, it's pretty hard to ignore it.

:wave I was in bed last night when things started getting bad, but I managed to get back to sleep. Other than some minor flooding on our cul-de-sac, and some branches strewn around, no damage here. I'm glad the Sooies and everyone else are okay!

Thanks for thinking of me. :cheekkiss

Yay! Good to hear you are ok and had no major damage.

My NW Ohio hometown flooded yesterday for the 5th time in 13 months. Each time it has flooded this past year, it was called a "100 year flood".

I spoke to my brother today. Many of the residents have just this month returned to their homes after the flooding this past summer. :ohwell

Strange days.

That's fucking amazing and frightening all at the same time. while hurricanes are crazy scary, often there are days of warnings. With tornadoes, you mostly get a few minutes or hours to react.

I must say I was so happy to hear from you Brad last week after a good deal of nervous texting and calling etc.