Hope you are all safe and sound!

Last night was wild. I missed the tornado by less than a mile. Things are bad here, but we won't know how bad until the sun comes out. Thankfully, I just lost my fence.

Here are few photos I took before I got my ass in the bathroom. This is a span of less than 5 minutes.

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Having grown up in Tornado Alley, those photos damn near make my heart stop! That's some scary, scary shit. Glad you're okay, Sooie.

Holy shit, Sooie! Glad you're okay. We spent part of the night in the pantry under the stairs (no basement) with cranky teenagers and a neurotic old dog (no, I don't mean me :pirate ).

They didn't, yet! I'm at work now.

maybe someone should call them and let them know that they need to "discharge" the electricity of any peripheral appliances, such as cable boxes and routers, and switch them back on. it is a safety thing and keeps tornados from seeking the built up static.

Anybody heard from E-Sue? Doesn't she live in KY?

She lives here, and outside of a lot of wind damage, there didn't seem to be storm-related injuries, so I'm sure she's fine and will check in soon.

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. There was another round of 80 mph straight-line winds just north of here last night, but no tornadoes. Let's hope the worst is over. :thumbup

I just missed meeting the Southaven tornado in person. I was driving home from work and was about 5 minutes ahead going through the intersection where it hit hardest and destroyed a warehouse. As I got to the Southaven exit, I could see the storm moving in from the west, then had it in my rearview mirror all the way home. We were very fortunate. No damage at all. Just 2 hours in the closet under the stairs with 2 adults, 3 kids and a dog.