John Prine Live

I've seen him a few times but for $30 or so and under. He's doing a Red Rocks show with Emmylou in a few months with tix at about $45, I believe. I like Emmylou a lot, as well, so I may go.

I have trouble going over $40 for just about any show (though have paid more a few times) anyway, but he's definitely a pleasure to see live. Great tunes, great story teller, great night out.

Thought he was one of the best of the Hardly Strictly Weekend. Granted we didn't have to pay...however without a doubt he had a huge crowd in the palm of his hand. Many folks thought he was the highlight this year.Beautiful voice wonderful songs and band. Would I pay 50 bucks for a seat with a good view? no doubt I'd be there. :thumbup

If you've never seen Prine, you must go. To use a tired old VC cliche', he's not getting any younger, and neither are you. :thumbup

i saw him for the first time a few years ago in santa barbara when jim james of my morning jacket opened for him and i believe tickets were around $65 with all of the extra charges. as a big fan of both jim and mr. prine, i was happy to pay that amount for nice seats in a nice theater. jim james was great, but john prine blew him away with his experience and charisma. its definately a great and touching concert with a living legend, and easily worth the money. when i've seen bob dylan and crosby stills & nash in recent years, i've been dissapointed because it seemed like they'd lost something in their old age and i didn't enjoy them very much; and i was happy to see that john prine has only gotten better with age.

If you've never seen Prine, you must go. To use a tired old VC cliche', he's not getting any younger, and neither are you. :thumbup

pretty much, very intimate show. I guess you can't call him the poor man's Bob Dylan anymore.