Anybody want candles?

:realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

I can't get anyone to show up to the Partylite party that I'm having next Friday night. Not even my fucking roommate. [she barely counts, though...]

Thinking like any of the 60+ people that I invited, I could understand why so many people are non-committal and really don't give a shit about this party. It's bad enough that you have to sniff oddly-smelling candles for god-knows-how-long, but then you're pressured into buying this overpriced stuff that you'd rather get at Target because A)their scents smell better; B)the accessories are cuter and cheaper; and C) you don't have to wait around for some putzy biatch to order your stuff and finally schlep it to your doorstep.

The consultant I'm hosting has been on my ass for weeks about this, and every time we talk about Partylite she wants me to do something else. First it was going to her party [bad enough], but then she asked me to host my own...and then to be a consultant. I should've said no to all of it.

So...in spite of all of this stupid crap, I still want to have the party. How am I going to con my friends into showing up?

HAAAALLLLP!

free food and alcohol?

That's the only reason why I've ever went to one of those things. And yet I've bought something every time. I blame the alcohol.

Promise the people you've invited that you'll never invite them to another one of these things if they come. If they don't come you'll give their name to your annoying "consultant" who will then try to harass them into the pyramid scheme.

PS i would much rather go to Pampered Chef, or Tupperware than stinky candle party. I already have a headache just thinking about all the smells.

I've already tried the free food thing. I can't believe that free Jimmy John's subs wouldn't bring the masses, but I guess the idea of a pyramid-scheme candle party is just that repulsive. :(

Maybe alcohol would be a good idea...I'll turn it into a Partylite keggar!

Miss consultant has been bugging me for these people's addresses and such, which is probably making them even more wary of showing up at this thing.

Drastic situations call for drastic measures, Treehug'n...too bad I don't have a handgun, or I might just take your approach. :lol

My wife is slowly getting roped into this stuff by the neighborhood housewife cult. She has been to a few jewelry parties recently and always feels compelled to buy something because it is her friend's party. She has a circle of friends in the neighborhood and each of them has recently hosted some sort of party and now my wife had decided it is her turn. I think she's doing Pampered Chef or something. I plan to be as far away as possible. :lol