Arcade Fire in Athens, OH

I go to school at Ohio University in Athens, OH and Arcade Fire is coming to put on a FREE show to promote the Obama campaign. Our school said no to them when they offered to play at a venue on campus (they claimed lack of time to prepare), but they are coming to the area anyway and will find a place to play on Sunday.

Yeah, so just a heads up to anyone if you live near Southeast Ohio. There will be a free Arcade Fire show Sunday night at a venue to be determined. Pretty awesome.

here's the skinny... it's not truly an Arcade Fire show... but "Members of Arcade Fire", as in Will, Win, Regine, & Jeremy

they're playing that show in Athens and another in Cleveland at the Beachland Ballroom on Monday night (also free)

ARCADE FIRE MEMBERS TO PLAY FREE SHOWS IN OHIO

Win Butler, Will Butler, Regine Chassagne and Jeremy Gara of the Arcade

Fire will be playing a free concert on Sunday, March 2nd at Stuart's Opera

House in Nelsonville, Ohio in support of Barack Obama's bid for the

Democratic nomination. The show is at 7 p.m., first come first serve.

They will also be playing a free show at the Beachland Ballroom in

Cleveland on Monday, March 3rd. Doors are at 7 p.m., and the show is 18

and over, first come first serve.

Though the Arcade Fire is known as a Canadian band, Win and Will were born and raised in the U.S. (and spent their formative years in Texas), Regine is a dual citizen whose dad served in Vietnam, and Jeremy Gara is just a really nice Canadian who likes playing music and is sick of explaining to Americans what universal health care means

p4k says Sarah Neufeld will be there too.

Also, the Opera House only holds like 450 people, so it will be packed pretty tight.

Pitchfork is wrong and doesn't know how to read Press Releases correctly ;)

Heck of a show. The opener, Colin Stetson, also played with Arcade Fire on sax and french horn. So, 6 players on stage.

They played 2 shows at the 450 seat Opera House in Nelsonville, because the demand was so high. Pretty cool of them to do that. Each set was around 7 songs I think.

I made it to the 2nd show, where they played David Bowie's Heroes, John Lennon's Gimme Some Truth, an old Sam Cook song, Rebellion (Lies), Wake Up, Neighborhood #2, and Antichrist Television Blues.

It was a great show and they seemed more than happy to be there and everyone had a hell of a time.

I'll post a few photos later.