• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! kimcoach!! I did my swim tonight with goggles and cap! Yes, makes a HUGE difference! I did the 1/2 mile in 25 minutes, which is 4 minutes faster than my previous best. I also did 50/50 freestyle/breaststroke - 25 yards of one and then the other.....haven't done that before. That cap makes breathing so much easier, keeping the hair out of my face.

I then did an additional 20 minutes of "free swim" though mostly backstroke and frog stroke/kicks......and it just felt great.

damn, I love swimming. :wub

KC, wanna swim?

I can't commit to anything right now because my current lease is up July 31, so there's a very good chance I'll be packing or frantically searching for an apartment on the weekend of the triathalon. However, I'm trying to get out of my lease early and hopefully move in June (it depends on my friend I'm moving in with and when she gets a job -- first interview was last week, here's hoping!!) so if that happens and my July is not about prepping for a move, I'm in!

Woah! kimcoach!! I did my swim tonight with goggles and cap! Yes, makes a HUGE difference! I did the 1/2 mile in 25 minutes, which is 4 minutes faster than my previous best. I also did 50/50 freestyle/breaststroke - 25 yards of one and then the other.....haven't done that before. That cap makes breathing so much easier, keeping the hair out of my face.

:dancing

Yay, Kate!!

just got back from a nice swim workout. i was in the pool for an hour, and swam about two miles. it was the first time i've been when it wasn't a women-only swim, but i kept up with the boys pretty well.

the pool i go to is regular-sized, but it only has three lanes: slow, medium, and fast. i was in the fast lane, with the most people in it, and everyone was kind of on top of each other. good training for the triathlon, i suppose. :yes

good stuff Nicky!! :thumbup

kimcoach!! I did the 1/2 mile tonight all freestyle and without stopping!! :dancing I am pretty beat now.....I joined that gym in mid February and I couldn't even do more than a 25 yard stretch in freestyle without getting out of breath.....now? I am doing a 1/2 mile and entirely freestyle. I didn't lose any time - but just to know I could do it?....big step! :)

That's awesome, Kate!! :cheekkiss

I'm blown away by your progress and dedication. Doesn't it usually take 2-3 months just to get in shape (not being one who ever commits to going to the gym, I don't know for myself,) and here you've gone from a less than 25 yard swim to 800 yard swim in 6 weeks! You AMAZE me!! :worship

Thanks for the cheers guys! :cheekkiss

I need to talk to my friend about it - she was interested. She actually works at a gym and has been looking for some motivation. I have been trying to get her just to sign up since she can do it for free, since she is a cancer survivor. I would love for her to join us!

My friend Judy who lives in Milwaukee is really interested in doing it, too.....I need to touch base with them about it.

Tomorrow I am going to do a long day at the gym - a 1/2 course.....though not in order......1.5 mile walk/run, 6 mile bike, 1/4 mile swim.......

I am going to keep concentrating on my swimming throughout April, Biking in May and Running/Walking in June.......

Now, if only I could lose some weight. I am just not dropping anything....very very frustrating. I don't even eat that much.