The Band - The Last Waltz dvd

Maybe Levon has one of those adjustable rate mortgages.

Yep, and it's 5-6 hours from me. But I'd do it if someone I really like was coming, like Jeff, or maybe Gary Louris. Or Neil Young. ;)

"I have the LP's in front of me, yes they did have the whole concert including the songs that were never in the film--

Down South In New Orleans - Dr.John w/Bobby Charles

Tura Lura Lural - Van Morrison duet with Richard Manuel (John Simon on piano)

I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) - Bob Dylan

..and also Out Of The Blue, which I don't recall being anywhere in the film."

I have copy of the FM broadcast of The Last Waltz.

Here is what did not make the film or the LP.

The Band-

This Wheels On Fire

WS Walcott Rx Show

Georgia On My Mind

King Harvest

Rag Mama Rag

Chest Fever

Evangeline (no Emmy Lou)

Caledonia - Muddy Waters

All Our Past Times - Clapton

Four Strong Winds - N. Young

Shadows & Light - J. Mitchell

Acardian Driftwood - The Band w/ N. Young & J. Mitchell

Hazel - B. Dylan

Jam 1 - The Band (+ or - ) Ringo, R. Wood, Clapton, P. Butterfield, N. Young, S. Stills

Jam 2 - The Band (+ or - ) Ringo, R. Wood, Clapton, P. Butterfield, N. Young, S. Stills and L. Helms

Must have been one hell of a show to attend.

Yeah, I actually would have considered taking the 2 1/2 hour drive if tickets were still $100 (Its pretty close for me). But at $200, its a little steep.

Yea, that's pretty close. Might still be worth it for a one time only deal. Depends on who is playing.

(I have told this story here before but I saw Helm and Danko play a practically empty show here in Chicago in the 80s, they were both smashed, but it was still fun. Dave Bromberg sat in for a few numbers as I recall. It was in a club that is where Metro is now, there couldn't have been more than 25 or 30 people.)

LouieB

Yea, that's pretty close. Might still be worth it for a one time only deal. Depends on who is playing.

(I have told this story here before but I saw Helm and Danko play a practically empty show here in Chicago in the 80s, they were both smashed, but it was still fun. Dave Bromberg sat in for a few numbers as I recall. It was in a club that is where Metro is now, there couldn't have been more than 25 or 30 people.)

LouieB

That reminds me of a show I have its Rick and Richard at a place called the Bijou Cafe in Philly in 1980. The person who sent me it claims the place was empty as well. Although Richard and rick are drunk its still an awesome tape. They do a great Unfaithful Servant with just Richard on piano and rick sining his heart out (not always in key) off mic. I'll post that clip later tonight (if i forget and anyone really wants to hear it shoot me a pm).

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't worth it, just that to spend the money and a weekend away from my family, I'd rather wait til he's got some guests I want to see too. (he's had many greats there over the years)

I suppose if Levon stops these, or god forbid kicks the bucket before I go, then I'll be kicking myself.

I was lucky enough to have Levon and his band come to Philly in February and the show cost $20. That's not to say its anything like being in the guy's house in an intimate environment, but it was satisfying to see Levon in the flesh at all considering he survived cancer. And it was a kick ass show.

tickets are $150, not 200, and it's worth every penny. who would go to a Levon Helm show, on his property, wanting to see Jeff Tweedy? i mean it's Levon freaking Helm.

What's unreasonable about wanting to see Tweedy sit in?

List of past performers who have sat-in/played at Levon's Midnight Rambles:

Allen Toussaint

Elvis Costello

Emmylou Harris

Mike Merritt

Ollabelle

Larry Campbell

Teresa Williams

Jimmy Vivino

Steven Bernstein

Erik Lawrence

Alexis P. Suter

Vicki BellRay Grappone

The Bennett Brothers

The Lonesome Sisters

Little Sammy Davis

Clark Gayton

Garth Hudson

Hubert Sumlin

Reel Time Travelers

Jon Smith

Hipmotism

Glenn Alexander

Dr. John

Johnnie C. Johnson

John Sebastian

Sean Costello

Luther Johnson

Deep Singh

Frank Luther

Riley Baugus

Jonah Smith Band

Brian Mitchell

Big Jack Ward

Donald Fagen

Dirk Powell

Allison Miller

Cindy Cashdollar

Cary Brown

The Apple Pickers Union

Martha Scanlan

The Muddy Waters Band

Pinetop Perkins

Bob Margolin

Jerry Portnoy

Willie "Big Eyes" Smith

David Maxwell

Calvin "FuzzBox" Jones

Kate Taylor

Ida

Bill Perry

Taylor Brown Trio

Eric Mingus

The Jim Weider Band

Jay Collins Band

John Medeski

Larry Kenny

The Honky Tonk Gurus

Artie Traum

Happy Traum

Pat Alger

The Holmes Brothers

Jonell Mosser

Rickie Lee Jones

The Love Trio

Tom

I was lucky enough to have Levon and his band come to Philly in February and the show cost $20. That's not to say its anything like being in the guy's house in an intimate environment, but it was satisfying to see Levon in the flesh at all considering he survived cancer. And it was a kick ass show.

Fuck you too, (just kidding) I just got back the the philly area for the week and I've got all my friends telling me they saw levon at the e-factory. I've been dyeing to see helm and would have rescheduled my trip home for there. I'm sure it fucking awesome.

Thanks for reminding me about my unfound promises

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kv969l