Albuquerque, New Mexico

So, is anybody else going to this show in May? I got lucky and bought two tickets this morning, but don't know what to expect from this venue. Although, I do know it will cost a lot to drive there, but the scenery from Phoenix is worth it.

:dancing

Looks nice on the Internet. It seems to be a concert hall, so the sound should be good. I think my sister is going.

Looks nice on the Internet.

Yes, a little too nice. :shifty "We do not allow food, chewing gum or drink in Popejoy Hall, including closed or sealed containers or bottles of water." I guess that's how they keep it looking nice. I wonder if they will bring back the song request for this tour.

It's New Mexico - not a really rule-oriented state. I think you could probably get away with gum.

it's a pretty nice venue. they do lots of symphony shows and such there. i saw the shins there last year. the sound is really great. the ushers are generally older folk (who probably don't really appreciate the rock shows). don't even think about taking a camera in, or trying to sneak a picture with your cell phone - if they catch you, the ushers will throw you out. i've seen it.

they're really anal about the food etc because they just put new seats in.

needless to say, i will definitely be there. i got orchestra pit row b tix. verrrry excited!

it's a pretty nice venue. they do lots of symphony shows and such there. i saw the shins there last year. the sound is really great. the ushers are generally older folk (who probably don't really appreciate the rock shows). don't even think about taking a camera in, or trying to sneak a picture with your cell phone - if they catch you, the ushers will throw you out. i've seen it.

they're really anal about the food etc because they just put new seats in.

needless to say, i will definitely be there. i got orchestra pit row b tix. verrrry excited!

Sounds good. Our pit row says PC (center), which I understand is the third row, so we will probably see each other. :thumbup

We'll be there from Chicago 'burbs. Had a trip already planned to see friends in Las Cruces and camp/bird in SE Arizona. Perfect way to start vacation with a side trip up north to see the band!

-billy

Isn't that a convenient thing to happen while you're on vacation? Are you sure Courtney didn't work this out in advance at the Green Mill that night?

Isn't that a convenient thing to happen while you're on vacation? Are you sure Courtney didn't work this out in advance at the Green Mill that night?

When we saw the show posted she told me Glen remembered to hook us up. Nice for them to follow us instead of the other way around.

We figured if this winter won't leave us, we'll have to leave it. Should be a great time.

Hi from Boston - Thanks for seating chart. We will be going there and love to hang with VC folks pre show if that is going to happen. It looked like there might be some nice places to have dinner drinks etc. Anyone know where we should stay and be close to the venue? Laurie and Rick

Black_Eyed_and_Blue_small.jpgPhoto from Portland Maine - old ushers, real rockers there too! They threatened us in re to camera- we got this shot before they hassled us and we had to put it away.

that is a nice picture of jeff, its nice to see a picture of him without the jean jacket in a tighter fitting shirt :wub

Anyone know where we should stay and be close to the venue?

Sorry, I do not know because we're just driving in for the day, but do not stay in Santa Rosa, NM. :no

By the way, does anyone care to share what song they will be requesting? I am on the fence between "When The Roses Bloom Again" and "At Least That's What You Said".

Sorry, I do not know because we're just driving in for the day, but do not stay in Santa Rosa, NM. :no

By the way, does anyone care to share what song they will be requesting? I am on the fence between "When The Roses Bloom Again" and "At Least That's What You Said".

I was thinming about asking for wishful thinking...

that is a nice picture of jeff, its nice to see a picture of him without the jean jacket in a tighter fitting shirt :wub

We blew this one up and framed it. Ok, I'll confess. It's in our living room. My daughter actually took it (we think). We were both snapping shots just before the BIG dudes from Maine shut us down.

Hi from Boston - Thanks for seating chart. We will be going there and love to hang with VC folks pre show if that is going to happen. It looked like there might be some nice places to have dinner drinks etc. Anyone know where we should stay and be close to the venue? Laurie and Rick

there's lots of great places for dinner/drinks up the road (central ave.). the venue is right on the UNM campus, so there's lots of student oriented places around, and a cool area called nob hill not far from the campus.

as for places to stay... anywhere that is really close is going to be kinda sketchy. there's lots of old motor hotels from the route 66 heyday, in various states of disarray. but there's plenty of nice hotels along I-25 and downtown. there's a parking structure right next to the venue, or since it is on a friday night, all the permit and meter parking on campus should be open as well.

there's lots of great places for dinner/drinks up the road (central ave.). the venue is right on the UNM campus, so there's lots of student oriented places around, and a cool area called nob hill not far from the campus.

as for places to stay... anywhere that is really close is going to be kinda sketchy. there's lots of old motor hotels from the route 66 heyday, in various states of disarray. but there's plenty of nice hotels along I-25 and downtown. there's a parking structure right next to the venue, or since it is on a friday night, all the permit and meter parking on campus should be open as well.

Hey thanks for the tips - :guitar can't wait....

We blew this one up and framed it. Ok, I'll confess. It's in our living room. My daughter actually took it (we think). We were both snapping shots just before the BIG dudes from Maine shut us down.

NICE! how big? poster size would be really NICE!

Ok, so I decided to request, "When The Roses Bloom Again". On a separate note, how can people be asking hundreds of dollars for tickets I paid $35 each for and have the nerve to add, "At a reasonable price" on their eBay page? Seriously? :dontgetit

• 1 month later...