31 Hours, 28 Minutes

By Michael Finger

In his final years, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had death on his mind.

While watching news coverage of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, he turned to his wife, Coretta, and told her, "This is what is going to happen to me." All his adult life, this practitioner of nonviolence had been threatened, assaulted, and surrounded by people

There will be a blasting of my "Black Liberation Theology" mix later today.

Thanks for posting this Owl. Much appreciated.

No problem.

There will be a blasting of my "Black Liberation Theology" mix later today.

Dang, that sounds way cool.

Thanks so much for posting that, Owl... I felt my heart slowly work its way to my throat as the reading went on from mid-afternoon on 4/4 to early evening.

When I was little, I thought I was named after Dr. King. My mom had to explain to me that I was named after my father. I wasn't too happy about that. Still ain't.

Rest in peace, Dr. King. The struggle continues, but the dream lives.

Martin%20Luther%20King%20Jr.%20Pic.jpg

I hightly recommend a visit to the Lorraine Motel in Memphis which is now the National Civil Rights Museum. Not only is the exhibit interesting, but you can look out over the balcony where King was shot. In the building where Ray did the shooting from also has an exhibit.

LouieB

Did anyone see McCain getting booed while speaking in front of the Lorraine this morning? You could tell that he was shook up. Rightfully so, he was part of the Arizona legislators that refused to acknowledge the King holiday. He was doing some backpeddling about this, and the crowd was having none of it. Great moment. To bad Chuck D never made it to Arizona to take care of McCain like he sang about in that great song.

Did anyone see McCain getting booed while speaking in front of the Lorraine this morning? You could tell that he was shook up. Rightfully so, he was part of the Arizona legislators that refused to acknowledge the King holiday. He was doing some backpeddling about this, and the crowd was having none of it. Great moment. To bad Chuck D never made it to Arizona to take care of McCain like he sang about in that great song.

Yeah...heaven knows nobody has ever had a change of heart or seen the light about anything since the beginning of time.