50 Greatest Comedy Sketches

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to brag, but I saw No. 1 live in 1976.

Tug, where was this?

I saw Monty Python perform at the Hollywood Bowl ... but it was much later than 1976, probably 1980 or so. That might have been the first show I ever went to alone. My friends were not into it and I couldn't imagine missing it. :)

nah, it's right where it belongs

Yup.

In fact, I'm not sure it'd make my list.

There's a lot of great stuff here, but there should be an entry or two from A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

I don't have time to scroll the whole list (I have other posting to be doing)

was the ministry of silly walks sketch given any love

that's a pants-peeing piece of work there

Well, really, the funniest person in that skit is Christopher Walken.. "Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers."

Gets me every time..

Yeah, as funny as Ferrell is, Walken walks away with it. :thumbup

I think the Kids in the Hall is criminally unrepresented as well.

I think the Kids in the Hall is criminally unrepresented as well.

Exactly.. And remember that show "The State"? That show basically introduced me to bizarre humor and my mind has been warped ever since..

Exactly.. And remember that show "The State"? That show basically introduced me to bizarre humor and my mind has been warped ever since..

I'm not as familiar with The State, but I do recall it being fairly funny.

I haven't reviewed the entire list yet, but please tell me some Mr. Show skits are on there somewhere.

The Ferrell as Bush skit is a classic as well - though I do not recall it ever appearing on the telly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqrI3IibYI

I haven't reviewed the entire list yet, but please tell me some Mr. Show skits are on there somewhere.

yep, The Pre-Taped Call-in Show (one of my all time favorites) and the Wycked Sceptre Party Tape.

I think it's an injustie that not a single "Perspectives" sketch made it on the list.

I havn'e seen the list nor do I know the people/company/magazine putting it out but two fairly recent ones spring to mind: SNL with Will Ferrell as the doctor who is telling the couple he's misplaced their baby at a Bodeans concert...

... and another SNL skit with Ferrell when he shows up to the office meeting as a "patriot" wearing a half-shirt and US flag -print runners shorts pulled high in the crotch.

The State's all over that list.

For some reason I can't see the list, but my favorite of theirs was always:

Muppet Hunting

Is that on there?

I don't recall seeing Muppet Hunting on there, but that is a great one.

I didn't like The State when it was first airing, but seeing their skits now, I always laugh. I think Wet Hot American Summer turned me.

I didn't like The State when it was first airing, but seeing their skits now, I always laugh. I think Wet Hot American Summer turned me.

Turned you on how exactly?

I have a DVD of The State, it is my favorite sketch show of all time.