50 Greatest Comedy Sketches

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned you on how exactly?

I have a DVD of The State, it is my favorite sketch show of all time.

Is it a bootleg?? As far as I know (and I thought I knew a lot about this) there's no official release except an old small compilation on VHS and through ITunes.

Is it a bootleg?? As far as I know (and I thought I knew a lot about this) there's no official release except an old small compilation on VHS and through ITunes.

According to The State's official website:

* * * NOTE (March 23' date=' 2008): We are sorry to report The State DVD STILL has no release date. We worked closely with MTV last year to make a wonderful DVD set with lots of extras, and the DVDs are completed, but they have chosen not to release the set at this time. We don't know why.[/quote']

If this "50 Greatest Comedy Sketches" thing gets enough buzz on the web, maybe they'll decide that this is (finally) the right time. :hmm

The Kids in the Hall beard sketch got robbed, and also I'd have given SCTV a few more entries, where's Battle of the PBS Stars or the famous Michael McDonald bit. Outside of that though it was a good read.

--Mike

yes, #49

and for those who can't see the list, alot of these have you tube links in the list. (like ass pennies)

...and those that don't are linked from the sketch title to some other site, mostly.

Yes it is, kind of. Some one made a DVD of the VHS. I got it on ebay, I think. There is this from amazon which is weird and exciting at the same time.

Yes it is, kind of. Some one made a DVD of the VHS. I got it on ebay, I think. There is this from amazon which is weird and exciting at the same time.

I have that same kind of page bookmarked except it's for "A Bag of Marijuana"

On a similar (totally fucking exciting) note - from The Onion:

Kids in the Hall

As a collective, Canadian sketch troupe The Kids In The Hall seemingly disappeared after some scattered reunion dates and compilation DVDs earlier this decade, but that's about to change: They're embarking on a 30-city, two-month tour. The "Live As We'll Ever Be" outing isn't being billed as a reunion tour, though

Don't know where I'd put it, but I got to see Wilco cover "Reaper" at Val Air Ballroom back in 2006. Cowbell courtesy of a couple of roadies if memory serves correct.

I was also there one of the most random happenings I have ever seen.

...eventually creating a TV-show follow-up to their offbeat, eponymous 1988-1995 sketch show, and a movie follow-up to 1996's Brain Candy.

i'm part excited and part nervous they could never recapture the magic. 'having an average day' by shadowy men is the ringtone on my phone...big fan.

Tug, where was this?

I saw Monty Python perform at the Hollywood Bowl ... but it was much later than 1976, probably 1980 or so. That might have been the first show I ever went to alone. My friends were not into it and I couldn't imagine missing it. :)

Wendy!!!! I was at that show!!!!!! :o

Wish I'd known you then so we could've enjoyed it together! Great show.

The Kids in the Hall still "have it":

Rape Kevin!!

Rick showed me these guys a couple of years ago, I had never seen them - squish your head is something amusing but so much more. Actually, I use it frquently and it has added another dimension to my work life.