Anyone familiar with these sorts of things?

I have a '91 Toyota Corolla, which I love to death. It happens to have a sunroof. What it does not have, however, is a working sunroof. Now, these Carolina days are what you might call "mighty fine" to be riding around with your manual windows and your sunroof (which is electric, by the way) wide open. But alas, I can't quite catch all this nice air because the sunroof does not, for whatever reason, work.

And my question is...by some odd chance, has someone else shared my pain of a broken sunroof? And if you did, did you perhaps find out why it didn't work?

It would be great if I could have this thing for the nice season.

Anyone familiar with these sorts of things?

I have a '91 Toyota Corolla, which I love to death. It happens to have a sunroof. What it does not have, however, is a working sunroof. Now, these Carolina days are what you might call "mighty fine" to be riding around with your manual windows and your sunroof (which is electric, by the way) wide open. But alas, I can't quite catch all this nice air because the sunroof does not, for whatever reason, work.

And my question is...by some odd chance, has someone else shared my pain of a broken sunroof? And if you did, did you perhaps find out why it didn't work?

It would be great if I could have this thing for the nice season.

My last car had a moonroof, so I don't think I can help.

I did check the fuse, so it's not that...only other thoughts are a bad switch, wire, or motor. I was hoping to diagnose this without having to drop the $$$ on a mechanic.

If I have manual windows, why can't I have a manual sunroof? That would suit just fine, I think.

Car Talk is the best thing on NPR.

:omg

All Songs Considered on the other hand - :rock

They don't play enough Black Sabbath.