Record Store Day April 19

Manifest Discs in Charlotte held an autograph signing w/Steve Earle and Alison Moorer today, and offered buy one get one free used cds. COOL!!!

Note: Steve Earle was great tonight!!!

The B-Rox were a great way to wake up on a Saturday morning! I'm sorry I didn't see your earlier post until tonight. I was standing about 5 yards in front of the stage by the mic stand. The number of toddlers there was crazy but cool! The sound was really good and the tape sounds great! I'm still looking for the tape from their Thanksgiving weekend show at Off Broadway, it's around here somewhere. I just remembered that I caught them opening for Lucinda a few years ago...I need to look for that too! Unfortunately I won't be able to make their Anniversary show at Blueberry Hill in two weeks, though I have a good excuse since I'll still be in New Orleans during the second weekend of Jazz Fest. Would you like a copy of the show?

B-Rox + pulled pork for breakfast is pretty awesome! :thumbup

I'd love a copy! Thanks!

I couldn't talk my daughter into going up by the stage; she's a little shy. She spent most of the time on my husband's shoulders a little off to the side. I was probably standing right behind you.

We took pictures. Mostly of the kid, rocking it up. :) Oh, this is a proud day in this mother's life!

I always miss the Thanksgiving and Christmas shows since we're never in town. I'm really hoping we can make it to the anniversary show, especially after seeing how tight they were today. Jazz Fest is a fine excuse for not going, though.

Which Songs:Ohia, Lou?

As the person who sold it to him, I can tell you it was the Hecla & Griper EP.

I am listening to my favorite record of ever all time on a brand new cartridge, Songs: Ohia The Magnolia Electric Company.

The 12 pack of beer from a random customer really made for a great night. Seriously, I can't tell you how nice that was. If you ever want to do something randomly cool show up at your favorite record store on a Saturday with a 12 pack.

Happy Record Store Day, Everybody!! :beer

PS: Also awesome was when Paul pointed out a Thank You to a VCer in the new Evangelista LP ;)

B-Rox + pulled pork for breakfast is pretty awesome! :thumbup

That little in-store was a great time. With all of the kids there I wished I would have brought my 3 year old daughter. FYI, I just posted a link to my recording of the show in the "In a Future Age" section of this site.

you do realize there's an Electric Fetus in St. Cloud too right? :unsure

Shit! I do now. I was just on their website yesterday morning too. It must have slipped my mind in all the chaos yesterday. I did go to a Barnes & Noble and I found a cool book, so at least something fun happened last night.