Just bought a Prunes 'n' custard

So I googled this b/c I didn't know what you are talking about, and pretty quickly ran across this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archiv.../t-1842574.html

Thread title: "Wilco fuzz/something on Spiders[kidsmoke]"

a post says: according to the uber wilco fans @ viachicago.com its all prunes n custard. i have one coming my way in the new year... :)

Kinda weird to get referred back to the forum you started with!

So I googled this b/c I didn't know what you are talking about, and pretty quickly ran across this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archiv.../t-1842574.html

Kinda weird to get referred back to the forum you started with!

Yeah, the P&C has been much discussed around here -- especially in the wake of AGIB due to the prominent use of the pedal on that album. There are certainly folks who love it, but I get the sense that it's probably a bit more of a novelty pedal than a day-to-day piece of equipment. I don't mean "novelty" in a pejorative way. It's great to have a few out-there pedals to add a little color/texture/spice/ whatever (like a Digitech Whammy pedal or a Kaoss Pad, for instance). I can't speak from experience, though -- I'm not about to put in the money and effort needed to get hold of a pedal I can't try first at my local music store. I would love to play with one for a while, though.

I would never buy a pedal w/out playing it first, let alone without my gear. Wow, either your fillthy rich and really bored or really trust the fact that this pedal is worth it. I haven't really heard a for sure 100% on this pedal from anyone. Give us a report!

haha i did the same thing with a Kaoss pad 2 also a couple years ago in my radiohead phase (never really went away)...turned out i loved it but never could find much a way to use it...least not playing guitar

rich-no tax return

bored--constantly looking for new sounds

i do have some trust in it, not just from Ghost but just the simple fact that no one around here will have a distortion sound anything like it, let alone the modulator, itll get some use...im not a shredder, more a unique sounds/color guy...ill sound pretty wicked with the re-20 i recently added

plus i got new for $15o

i will fill yall in

j

I've got one. But I've also got two or three other overdrive/boost/fuzz pedals. It is very distinctinve. Not so much a chord pedal, works better with single notes and leads. But you can actually turn off the part of the effect that makes it so freaky and its a pretty warm overdrive.

How to explain......its like a really gnarly fuzz where you hear high harmonics on top, but when you hold a note the high harmonics change making this sweeping tone over the sustaining fundamental of the note. Or in other words it goes "Byuuuggge, byuuuuge!" Very psychdelic Nuggets type of lead tone.

If you ordered one from pedal geek be prepared to wait. All of their Crowther products are really popular and that crazy New Zealander only stocks them with so many at a time.

What's interesting is that pedal is synonymous with wilco (I'm always afraid if someones gonna corner me and go "You only play that cause Jeff Tweedy huh?" And I'll say "No! Well sort of....."). It's become more popular as people have become aware of its presence on AGIB and I hear Tweedy pulled it off his pedal board. Well I guess we're SOOOO Last week now.

Don't mean to derail this thread further, but I bought my Gretsch last year with my tax return (low-end but pretty money sounding).

Good luck on the p'n'c any chance we can get an actual clip of you playing it eventually???

:music

almost bought a gretsch this year...

ill post a link to some pnc work once i get it...i think its stuck in customs

j

arrived yesterday...takes a while to tweak into the right sounds...but when you do...!!! Distortion setting alone is all balls...

i found its better to run a light OD into it to get the best throat out of it...after a half hour, i found 'the' AGIB sound...the drive way up sounds a bit thin and buzzy on the high notes, but on mid neck runs and bends, WOW...arpeggios sounds pretty sweet too...also, i can thicken it up with some analog delay, and the swells and splaats last longer

overall a really cool sounding device, and i know that no one around here has anything that sounds like it...ill try and get some samples up now that finals are over

j

arrived yesterday...takes a while to tweak into the right sounds...but when you do...!!! Distortion setting alone is all balls...

i found its better to run a light OD into it to get the best throat out of it...after a half hour, i found 'the' AGIB sound...the drive way up sounds a bit thin and buzzy on the high notes, but on mid neck runs and bends, WOW...arpeggios sounds pretty sweet too...also, i can thicken it up with some analog delay, and the swells and splaats last longer

overall a really cool sounding device, and i know that no one around here has anything that sounds like it...ill try and get some samples up now that finals are over

j

Now all you need is the FUZZ FACTORY!