Favorite album(s) by....

the Hollow Horn label put out this disk as part of their package for the alternate NYC sessions of the BOTT material in best quality so far:... i love the alternate If you see her...

01 - If You See Her, Say Hello

02 - Lily, Rosemary & The Jack Of Hearts

03 - Call Letter Blues

04 - Idiot Wind

05 - Tangled Up In Blue (

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm reading Chronicles I'm listening to the albums he is talking about. I'm at the part about recording "Oh Mercy". I don't really know where that album stands in the pantheon for Dylan fans but I have always like it and it seems to be aging fairly well.

As I'm reading Chronicles I'm listening to the albums he is talking about. I'm at the part about recording "Oh Mercy". I don't really know where that album stands in the pantheon for Dylan fans but I have always like it and it seems to be aging fairly well.

I'd say of the post 1970s Dylan albums, Infidels and Oh Mercy are the albums I listen to the most.

the Hollow Horn label put out this disk as part of their package for the alternate NYC sessions of the BOTT material in best quality so far:... i love the alternate If you see her...

01 - If You See Her, Say Hello

02 - Lily, Rosemary & The Jack Of Hearts

03 - Call Letter Blues

04 - Idiot Wind

05 - Tangled Up In Blue (

You can see some of those photos in the Live 75 release. That is when they went to Jack Kerouac's gravesite.

I doubt anyone more drastically changed my direction midspeed than Kerouac. funny that you mention that.

I have about 10-15 true dylan favorites. tonight, it will be desolation row

I'd say of the post 1970s Dylan albums, Infidels and Oh Mercy are the albums I listen to the most.

Agreed, Infidels has some great stuff as well. Under the red sky however...

There is a string of his albums I don't own, and that is one of them. I have never heard it.

I don't own Under The Red Sky, either. Only heard a few of the songs in a live setting. Because of all the bad press on the album, I could never pull the trigger and buy it. I was in the same boat with his Shot of Love record (another "clunker") and I finally bought a used cd late last year and actually I like it quite a bit.

So perhaps there's hope for Under The Red Sky (and Knocked Out Loaded and Down in the Groove, others I never listened to)

I've posted this more than once, but these are the Dylan albums I don't own:

Pat Garret & Billy The Kid Soundtrack

Before The Flood

Street Legal

Slow Train Coming

At Budokan

Real Live

Saved

Empire Burlesque

Knocked Out Loaded

Down In The Groove

Under The Red Sky

Good As I Been To You

MTV Unplugged

as much as everyone seems to hate Under the red sky, it's one of favourites from him. a unique blues/rock sound with shitloads of guest artists on it

Even "Wiggle, Wiggle"?

as much as everyone seems to hate Under the red sky, it's one of favourites from him. a unique blues/rock sound with shitloads of guest artists on it

Looks good on paper, but mostly it is crap songs....

LouieB

I've posted this more than once, but these are the Dylan albums I don't own:

Before the Flood is one of my faves. Slow Train Coming is good, too.

Before the Flood is one of my faves. Slow Train Coming is good, too.

I've heard most all of those, I just have not bought them. I gave up on being a completest a few years ago, but I will get those albums someday.

Before the Flood (re-master) (March 31st)

New Morning, and, The Basement Tapes also.

Various Dylan Blu-Spec cds to be released. (Amazon.com link).

I've never heard of this format.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Blu-spec CD

Blu-spec CD describes an Audio CD manufactured by a proprietary process introduced by Sony Music Entertainment (SME) in late 2008. Its name derives from the similar manufacturing process to that used to create Blu-Ray Discs. Instead of a traditional infra-red laser, a blue laser is used for recording the pits on the CD master that is needed for disc replication. The blue laser creates more precise pits, causing less distortion in the optical read-out process. SME claims that this results in higher-quality audio when playing back a Blu-spec CD. A Blu-spec CD can be played on all CD players and does not require a blue laser to be read.

• 3 weeks later...

'Saved' is actually not a bad album. There are a couple of great songs, like 'Pressing On'. Personally, my favouorite Dyaln album is a live one: 'Hard Rain'. It has so much energy and is really agressive and punk-ish. 'Idiot Wind' off Hard Rain is so epic and angsty. I would say 'Highway 61' is the best album, but I listened to it so much when I stated getting into Dylan 10-15 years ago.

i actually like under the red sky. the production is bright and fun. of course i hated it when it came out. i was steeped in 70s production and couldn't believe the state of music production in 80s-90s. however, not that my pallet has 'matured' i actually like the album. my attempts with dylan are to focus on lyrics, then music, then voice, then production. in that order, every album can reveal itself to be quite good.