Apparently for those that really want to get the advantage on a presale, Live Nation, a holder of most music venues, now has a special VIP program they are promoting. For a mere $1500 you can become a part of VIP Nation and claim in presale tickets to any/all concerts of your choosing at Live Nation venues. (this cost does not include the price of actual concert tickets from what I can tell, don't quote me on that though.)

LiveNation ... a spinoff from Clear Channel.

Should it surprise anyone that these bloodsuckers now want even more of your money for a decent seat at a concert?

While I'm not sure of the setup this sounds like a good way to buy up a lot of venues tickets before they're available to the general public...and then to resell them at higher prices. Blech.

I'm glad I'm not the only that thought this.

LiveNation ... a spinoff from Clear Channel.

Yep. And we all know that they're scum anyway, so lets start some conspiracy-theory fun here and just assume they worked out a deal to funnel profits from these VIP seats directly to that other devil the RIAA as a way of getting back at those people who justify their pirating habits by buying lots of concert tickets. :ninja :lol

Its so crazy it just might work!

Or not. I dunno.

In any case, I won't be buying this. Mostly because I'm broke.

I hope my sister doesn't sign up for this. In the past month, she's failed to attend concerts by Wilco and the Cowboy Junkies, for which she had tickets.

douchebags douchebags douchebags.

in southern california right now there is a group of people lobbying to make car pool lanes usable by those who would PAY a fee.

instead of encouraging them to carpool. or take a bus.

toll lanes, VIP bullshit: again, poorer people, or those not willing to cough up the extortion fee are getting the shaft.

jerks.

As much as I hate Ticketbastard and Live Nation, I have yet to hear any decent suggestions about a better way to sell tix. I temper my hatred of them with this sobering realization.

It is convenient to log into my computer 30 seconds before tix go onsale and click a button. I used to have to stand outside in subzero temps and/or rain waiting for box offices to open. I figure I gotta pay for that, right?

Some of the funnest nights of my life were spent waiting out for tickets, specifically Genesis (1986) and U2 (1987).