MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos_Santana.jpg
Bjorn,

How serious are the "John Maine to closer" talks/

I don't really know. It depends on whether Wagner comes back soon and how the current bullpen fares. (Not so well today.) And how the rotation holds up, health-wise. You could get away with a rotation of Santana, Pedro, Perez, Pelfrey and some other dude, I think, but if one of those guys gets hurt, Maine will be missed sorely. Jerry Manuel has so far been not afraid to make changes, so we shall see.

Not MLB, but y'all heard about the Chinese hitting Americans with baseballs at the Olympics? 5 times. Once in the head.

Yeah, well I think it was in retaliation for taking out 2 of the Chinese catchers in collisions at the plate. Nothing dirty, but pretty aggressive play for the Olympics. Jim Lefebvre is the coach of the Chinese and wasn't happy with the collisions, so I'm sure the beanings were intentional.

I don't really know. It depends on whether Wagner comes back soon and how the current bullpen fares. (Not so well today.) And how the rotation holds up, health-wise. You could get away with a rotation of Santana, Pedro, Perez, Pelfrey and some other dude, I think, but if one of those guys gets hurt, Maine will be missed sorely. Jerry Manuel has so far been not afraid to make changes, so we shall see.

With Wagner now said to be out "indefinitely," this becomes more possible.

Yeah, well I think it was in retaliation for taking out 2 of the Chinese catchers in collisions at the plate. Nothing dirty, but pretty aggressive play for the Olympics. Jim Lefebvre is the coach of the Chinese and wasn't happy with the collisions, so I'm sure the beanings were intentional.

That was bullshit.

You don't hit someone in the head. Running into the catcher is a part of the game, sorry.

just came back from commercial to find the homeplate ump at camden yards yelling at some complainer in the red sox dugout, "Drink some decaf!" :lol

Fucking Mets.

Cheer up - we still gotta get three outs!

Cheer up - we still gotta get three outs!

Never mind!

Did you see that play Mr. Damon made? :rotfl

yah, they were kind enough to show it on nesn during the post-game, i couldn't believe it was him! :lol

i'd like to see it again, but, um, they're probably not displaying it on the yanks home page.