MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules
It is surprising, only because he probably can't play a decent CF any more. I hear he may be playing some 1B, or Dye might be.

Yeah, I can see that. I do think he can play a "decent" CF, but it's nice when Anderson can cover for Dye once in a while, and that will be lost.

I just didn't think Griffey was gonna leave, I knew the White Sox really wanted him. What are the Reds getting in return? I haven't seen this yet.
One report says the White Sox are giving up Nick Masset and Danny Richar. Nick Masset is not good, though he may someday be an innings eater. Danny Richar, I think, might end up being a nice player, but the White Sox are fairly deep at 2b in the minors.
And I'm betting Manny's gonna stick around, he does this every year.

But he doesn't do this every year. He has expressed a desire to leave before but this is different. His contract is nearing it's end with 2 $20 M. options for the Sox. His direct attack on the FO is beyond repair, imo.

ed. And not that the FO didn't push to get Manny on his way out, either.

Well, Manny's looking to go to the Marlins for Hermida, according to ESPN and a couple others.

Hermida would go to PITT and Bay to BOS. Stay with us here, ryann.

Gammons now saying the deal is dead?

Reports of FLA knowing Manny "blackmailing" Sox and demanding more in trade....

ed. Taken from another site:

"On the Scott Van Pelt Show Gammons says, 'The Sox, Marlins and Pirates have no idea what is going to happen. The Red Sox need to find someone to take Manny, 7 million and three players. This is unprecedented, Manny told the Sox to trade him or he will not play.'"

oh this is nuts, i'm getting whiplash. (but keep it up, i'm not near a tv.)

this is way more than the usual manny. he's sounding like a burnout case, which brings up the question of whether he'll play for anybody next year, deal or no deal.

tomorrow i'll be laughing about this, i hope.

This will happen at the absolute last second or it won't happen at all and Manny will just sit down and do nothing for the rest of the year.

I'll bet he'll be gone somewhere though, I'm not sure how this BOS-FLA-PIT deal is going, the way Gammons and everyone is talking.

Whole thing is confused/laughable.

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, the Marlins have acquired lefty reliever Arthur Rhodes for 22 year-old righty Gaby Hernandez.

For a second I thought that said Gaby Sanchez. I would've gone and firebombed the front office if it did.

Gaby Hernandez has been long called "Little Pedro", since he's a small guy with a lot of angles and changes in speed. He's not Pedro, don't get me wrong, but he'll probably be a 4 or 5 starter before it's all said and done. His ERA in AA and AAA the last two years are pretty ugly, but his peripheral stats are all there.

Fortunately he's about 7th on our pitching prospect list.

The most amazing thing about this whole thing is how fucking good the Marlins minor league system has become. I heard Gammons say earlier Mike Stanton is considered by some to be a top 5 hitting prospect in all of baseball.

Also, I've always liked Gammons, but it sounds like everything he's been saying the past few hours has been going against what everyone else has. Conspiracy theory alert: We all know Boston's got his ear, some are speculating he is purposefully being told false information by Boston to drive the other teams price up. Who know?

I think it happens.

Also, I've always liked Gammons, but it sounds like everything he's been saying the past few hours has been going against what everyone else has. Conspiracy theory Pretty much a fact alert: We all know Boston's got his ear, some are speculating he is purposefully being told false information by Boston to drive the other teams price up. Who know?

I think it happens.

"On the Scott Van Pelt Show Gammons says, 'The Sox, Marlins and Pirates have no idea what is going to happen. The Red Sox need to find someone to take Manny, 7 million and three players. This is unprecedented, Manny told the Sox to trade him or he will not play.'"

G-zus.

Apparently it's back on.

The Pirates want a OF Replacement for Bay' date='a ML Ready SP,and 2 prospects for Bay

So Hermida,Buchholz or Masterson,and 2 prospects(with 1 already being either Jed Lowrie or Argenis Diaz)and 1 from the Marlins

Boston does not want to trade either of them so they are asking the Marlins for Ryan Tucker Who the Marlins dont wanna give up just for Manny

THe Red Sox dont want Willingham or Hermida they want Bay

They were offering Grabow and a prospect to FL for Tucker as part of the deal but Florida got Arthur Rhodes so no deal there

Seems that all 3 teams have a problem 1 way or another with the deal[/quote']

Bobbob and i are working a deal where I get citrus fruit weekly for 5 years, and sean gets a box of donuts and a green day b sides CD for Manny. Anyone else want in on this? Let's make it happen people, we have less than 2 hours. Sooie? Sir Stewart? You're sox fans? What do you want for Manny?

Bobbob and i are working a deal where I get citrus fruit weekly for 5 years, and sean gets a box of donuts and a green day b sides CD for Manny. Anyone else want in on this? Let's make it happen people, we have less than 2 hours. Sooie? Sir Stewart? You're sox fans? What do you want for Manny?

Can someone pay my student loans since Brad's are all paid off?