Wilco Jacksonville, FL 8/6/08

Another one in the books. Good time before the show hanging with some folks from here on the board, and a very solid set. I hung around the front of the theatre during sound check, and heard them playing Was I In Your Dreams and Blood of the Lamb. They also sound checked the two new songs, and possibly a third ... didn't recognize any of it. And they sound checked Pieholden, but as you can see, it didn't make the cut.

It was nice to have so much Being There and YHF love. The crowd really gets into the rockers down here, and that's what they got during the latter part of the show.

Highlights for me were Handshake Drugs, It's Just That Simple (which I had never seen them do), and Monday, which I knew they had to do for the F-L-A reference. I also enjoyed most of the SBS material more than I thought I would, which is par for the course.

Mike it was great meeting/hanging with you before the show and during the show as well.

Not much more to add to what was said already except that we were able to meet Jeff, John, Glenn outside the venue around soundcheck time. Got a picture with them and my son, so that was cool.

Why do people go to concerts and sit down the whole time. I understand a break during a slow song but jeez get up and give the band some props (not just Wilco but any show).

Great time all around. 5+ hours each way from South Florida, but it was worth every $4.00/gal. of fuel.

btw...here is the link to my recording. I think it came out OK. Sorry it took me so long to get up.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=208732

Thanks for the recording can't wait to hear.

I wish I got to meet some folks before the show but we got a flat on the way up.

The sitting thing really pissed me off. As soon as I got there (I was standing obviously because I'm going to live human beings not a movie. Stay home and watch America's got Talent if you want to sit on your ass), someone told me they were a security guard and told me to sit down. So I asked a real security guard and he told me to stand up. Gave me a bad feeling right away. No wonder Wilco doesn't play in Florida. But they played an amazing show. When Total Pros came out I was hoping for Pieholden, but they still rocked. Great energy, lots of rockers. Should've planned on going to Charleston. Congrats to folks who got to meet the band

btw...here is the link to my recording. I think it came out OK. Sorry it took me so long to get up.

Thanks for putting it up by I can't get access to it. It says you need an account but It won't allow me to create one because there are too many users it says. could you perhaps put it up on a different website? Or if anyone has any other suggestions for me. Thanks again

Thanks for putting it up by I can't get access to it. It says you need an account but It won't allow me to create one because there are too many users it says. could you perhaps put it up on a different website? Or if anyone has any other suggestions for me. Thanks again

Calling ANALOGMAN for his help....If you want to post somewhere else that some people can get access to...please feel from..my work is done.

Mike it was great meeting/hanging with you before the show and during the show as well.

Not much more to add to what was said already except that we were able to meet Jeff, John, Glenn outside the venue around soundcheck time. Got a picture with them and my son, so that was cool.

Why do people go to concerts and sit down the whole time. I understand a break during a slow song but jeez get up and give the band some props (not just Wilco but any show).

Great time all around. 5+ hours each way from South Florida, but it was worth every $4.00/gal. of fuel.

A million thank yous for this! I'm listening to "Blood of the Lamb" and the clarinet sounds incredible. That guy nailed the solo, and a very saucy vocal by Jeff on such a fearful song.

This will be treasured.

• 1 month later...
It would be awesome if someone could toss this show up on bt.etree.org. Dime has banned all Florida comcast customers, so I can't get on there at all anymore.

I will when I get a chance.