Wilco Jacksonville, FL 8/6/08

Florida Theatre

setlist

Was I in Your Dreams (w/Total Pros)

Blood of the Lamb (w/clarinet solo, awesome New Orleans feel, red-lit stage)

You Are My Face

Side with the Seeds (one I requested)

IATTBYH

Company in My Back

Remember the Mountain Bed (one I stuffed the ballot box for -- best vocals on this song *ever*)

--Tweedy banter: talked about the gnats in Indy (there were a roving band of gnats in leather jackets)

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

It's Just That Simple (O.K. Cary is safe, it was played in Jax, thanks Jeff and John)

Forget the Flowers

--Tweedy mediated issue on floor near stage of those choosing to stand and those wanting to sit. Suggested everyone should stand for ...

Hate It Here (w Total Pros)

Can't Stand It (w/TP)

Walken (w/TP)

I'm the Man Who Loves You (w/TP)

Encore 1

Misunderstood

Jesus, etc.

Spiders (Kidsmoke) -- Tweedy had to implore fans to clap. Audience started rushing the tempo of clapping so band quickly jumped in to end song.

Encore 2

War on War (had the audience start it -- he said afterward he had forgotten how it went)

Shot in the Arm

Monday (in F-L-A) (w/TP)

Outtasite Outtamind (w/TP)

I think they got shut down at 11 by the Theater.

--No One Wing, nor Sunny Feeling

Great patter about fans rushing things -- said it was like at home at dinner, his father's already thinking about breakfast.

"chew your fuck-in food" he muttered.

Great performance, loved the way the show opened, with the horns, interesting song choices and ordering. Good emphasis on the older stuff -- certainly some alt/country stuff -- perhaps in nod to Jax's southern rock roots.

Total Pros wore their Nudie jackets, Jeff teased them good naturedly, with variations of "snazzy, schnazzy ...."

Nels was pogoing, great solos, such energy, Sansome was doing some Townsend-esque windmills at the end.

Just an incredible experience for the first time seeing Wilco. I'll never forget Remember the Mountain Bed.

My daughter didn't get Heavy Metal Drummer, but she got Shot in the Arm -- and a very intense version it was. I was blowing her mind calling the songs either by the first note or before -- based on instruments Nels and Jeff had.

I'm just amazed and pleased that they played so many songs I had hoped they would.

I'm babbling, deaf, hoarse, and blissfully tired.

On to Charleston at noon tomorrow...

Bon Iver was well received.

Whoa! I thought the Indy setlist was good, but that's some stuff there! :thumbup

This is fantastic news - I just got off the phone with a friend in Charleston, and I was saying how I didn't expect the TPs to head south with the band. Hopefully this will continue on.

I'll bet that Blood of the Lamb was exquisite!

Just got back home to Orlando after the show. My first one, I really enjoyed it. I was up in the nosebleeds unfortunately, but i got a nice bird's eye view of the whole band. My legs hurt from standing the second half of the show.

The audience did screw up the clap at the end of Spiders, eventually turning into regular applause, but then the unison clap happened again, but then screwed up, the band just started playing at sort of an awkward time. My brother told me he thought the song was over, which I guess a lot of folks did. Maybe we'd get better at it if the band came to Florida more often!

Florida Theatre

setlist

Was I in Your Dreams (w/Total Pros)

Remember the Mountain Bed

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

It's Just That Simple

Hate It Here (w Total Pros)

Monday (in F-L-A) (w/TP)

Outtasite Outtamind (w/TP)

FUCK.

I'm really mad I missed this. I should've just gone.

IF they had played Dreamer in My Dreams I'd probably have killed myself for missing it. Still looks like I missed a hell of a show...

FUCK.

I'm really mad I missed this. I should've just gone.

IF they had played Dreamer in My Dreams I'd probably have killed myself for missing it. Still looks like I missed a hell of a show...

what time did they come on stage etc... No curfew in charleston play all night....

I think they got shut down at 11 by the Theater.

--No One Wing, nor Sunny Feeling

One Wing was on the setlist in the first encore, but apparently they decided not to play it. Sorry, Rob! (Great to see you, though!)

And Passenger Side was listed as the intended show closer (as a third encore, I think) but I guess they ran out of time.

No poster, just the tour one (not a great one, hand holding a burned match, wilco spelled among the fingers and fingernails. Also general tour shirts.

Damn. I hope there's a poster @ Wilmington. I don't really like the tour poster.

I hope the shirts are ugly, for my wallet's sake.

Of six times seeing the band, last night took the cake. Song selection and the overall energy and cohesiveness of the band were unmatched. Going tonight, and I know there is speculation that they owe Charleston a "special" show to make up for the SNL switch, but Jax last night will be hard to match.

Highlights:

Was I, Blood of the Lamb opener

Remember the Mtn Bed

Can't Stand It

It's just That Simple

Misunderstood

...all firsts for me...what a night!

Another one in the books. Good time before the show hanging with some folks from here on the board, and a very solid set. I hung around the front of the theatre during sound check, and heard them playing Was I In Your Dreams and Blood of the Lamb. They also sound checked the two new songs, and possibly a third ... didn't recognize any of it. And they sound checked Pieholden, but as you can see, it didn't make the cut.

It was nice to have so much Being There and YHF love. The crowd really gets into the rockers down here, and that's what they got during the latter part of the show.

Highlights for me were Handshake Drugs, It's Just That Simple (which I had never seen them do), and Monday, which I knew they had to do for the F-L-A reference. I also enjoyed most of the SBS material more than I thought I would, which is par for the course.

Of six times seeing the band, last night took the cake. Song selection and the overall energy and cohesiveness of the band were unmatched. Going tonight, and I know there is speculation that they owe Charleston a "special" show to make up for the SNL switch, but Jax last night will be hard to match.

Hey they will burn down the PAC tonight with no curfew in place. They just had to warm up for us down there in Jaxonville.........plus sc will stand all night and not be asked too. First time I saw them Jeff had to get the crowd on their feet cause it was such a nice venue and he had on a red suede jacket.

Looking forward to a fun show with lots of highligts as I have never had the horns at one of my 5 wilco shows. :thumbup

that sucks about the curfew, I wouldve loved to have heard the new ones and Passenger Side, but who am I to complain after that show?!!!!!!! The stand vs sit thing was tough. The seats are comfortable. It was a mellow show at the beginning, which at least for the people around me seemed to put everyone in a mellow chill out and be respectful kind of mode. I like how it ended up being about a half sit, half stand show. I hope they keep the horn section. They made Walken sound HUGE!!! Those guitar riffs were like a t rex chomping through the forest or something! On top of all of this awesomeness, I got to meet and talk to everyone in the band after the show (Yes, I am bragging!!!!). BEST NIGHT EVER!!