Charleston 8-7-08

Yeah, there were some talkers, some drunks, and just flat out rude people at Charleston.. I don't remember it being that way in Charlotte though last year. There was just a very happy atmosphere. It's funny how the mood is different at each show. Maybe the bad mood at Charleston had something to do with the re-schedule? But I think it was mostly the drunk asshole who told the band to turn up.

I didn't experience any of the above in Charleston. Guess i just got lucky with my seat! There were alot more talkers around me at the Cary show. Not to mention, security pretty much pick and chose which aisle stalkers they wanted to send back to the lawn so I got stuck with alot of them trying to crowd into my row (we were on the aisle).

Were you at the Charlotte show in 2005 where Jeff basically told some guy to shut the eff up during Mountain Bed? Good times.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey- I'm new to all of this stuff, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been trying to find the audio of the Charleston show on btree but no luck. Is there anything out there?

not that i have seen. your best bet is bt.etree.org or dimeadozen. i have seen 8/4,8/8,8/10, and 8/12 in the past few days. it will be up soon. i forget the days when all there was was the mail and tradeing. it hasn't even been a week yet. we are spoiled by these superfast turnarounds.

spongebob

p.s.

Hey- I'm new to all of this stuff, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been trying to find the audio of the Charleston show on btree but no luck. Is there anything out there?

there are no stupid questions.

another cool poster

101270.jpg

very cool you liked the poster, this link will take you to the classified for those that missed getting it at the show:

http://www.gigposters.com/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=7058

i have several left for those that want this limited edition poster from charleston.

i was actually at the charlotte show when jeff ripped the guy for yelling during mountain bed. compared it to talking about your next meal and how delicious it may be before you've even finished the meal you're presently enjoying, hehe. good times indeed.

There were alot more talkers around me at the Cary show.

Yeah, by the first encore I was practically pressed against the stage with stalkers. That's ok though because everyone was dancing and having a great time (including myself) and that was my favorite part of the show. :)

Don't get me wrong, the show was amazing and the band was in great spirits, but the general mood earlier in the show wasnt quite as happy as it was in Charlotte.

If anyone here was in Little Rock last year as I was, they can appreciate the Charleston crowds enthusiasm....

Little Rock was like a mortuary..........just DEAD........

I'll take a rowdy crowd any night over that.......

While there were a number of sitters at that show, I can vouch that it wasn't dead (at least not in the second row).

• 4 weeks later...

A recording has emerged. As always, a huge thanks to our taper friends for their efforts and generosity.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=518449

Wilco

8-7-08

North Charleston Performing Arts Center

North Charleston, SC

Source: Schoeps MK4/MK8(Midside)>KC5>CMC6>Lunatec V2>Sound Devices 744T(24/96)

Recorded by Stuart Tackett (GMail: stustu1)

As always...a huge thanks to the band, Stan and the rest of the Wilco crew

***Trade Freely***

Disc 1

1. Sunken Treasure

2. You Are My Face

3. Side With The Seeds

4. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

5. Company In My Back

6. Blood Of The Lamb@

7. Handshake Drugs

8. Impossible Germany

9. Pieholden Suite *^