also, in case someone hasn't said it yet, put out there absolutely anything and everything you want to get rid of. you wouldn't believe what people will buy, no matter how bad it seems to you.

did someone say to shoot early birds? again, don't shoot them, sell to them. i once saw a yard sale ad that said right in it, "early birds will be shot." i went early anyway. i bought stuff and didn't get shot, at least not so's you'd notice.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your town require permits for yard sales?

If so, don't get one, because nobody else does, and you don't want to look like a weenie.

I'd recomend the permit, at least in RI anyways they get shut down, the real question is who are the losers who call up and report the non permit yardsalees? Anyways, your allowed 2 yardsales a year, once you have the 3rd you become a vendor, so if your planning on having 3 don't ever get permits. (I am almost positive they are free, at least here)

Update - we made a little dough, but more importantly we got rid of TONS of stuff. I was shocked by how many people actually showed up and wanted to give us money (however little) for our crap. Tomorrow everything that is left is getting picked up (donated to a local charity), and then I get to concentrate on selling records on eBay (and providing a list to anyone here who wants one).

Tomorrow everything that is left is getting picked up (donated to a local charity), and then I get to concentrate on selling records on eBay (and providing a list to anyone here who wants one).

:wave (I don't want a list)