Come play Wilco songs!

Over in Solid State Technology we're making plans for a bunch of us in the LA/OC/SB area to get together and play some Wilco songs:

Southern California Wilco Jam

We'll pick songs, set up a time, rent a rehearsal space, and rock out.

We just thought we'd post a notice here, too, in case SST is a little too geeky for you all to frequent. We've got a lot of people interested (but we always want more), and we're just starting to pick out a set list, so come on over and help us jam. We've got keyboards, guitars, and basses, but we don't have you! :wub

(Also, there will be snacks.)

(Yes, the snacks will be free.)

(No, I don't know the type of snacks you like.)

(That's why you have to post so I know to get your snacks.)

(I highly doubt your favorite snack is Filet Mignon -- I don't really think that's a snack.)

Pretty damn good. I got a job at Argentum Photo Lab in Hollywood, which is really awesome. I volunteered at the F Yeah Fest last weekend, which was alot of fun. All in all I'm enjoying it. Its kind of bittersweet that I'm heading off to New Hampshire in January for a 10 month internship because I really enjoy it here.

Pretty damn good. I got a job at Argentum Photo Lab in Hollywood, which is really awesome. I volunteered at the F Yeah Fest last weekend, which was alot of fun. All in all I'm enjoying it. Its kind of bittersweet that I'm heading off to New Hampshire in January for a 10 month internship because I really enjoy it here.

Wow, that's pretty rad. I totally missed the F Yeah Fest this year. How was it? Anyway, I'm glad we found you. Check out the setlist suggestions on the SST thread and add some more if you like. We'll be figuring out a date and time soon, so we can make sure that as many people can jam as possible.

Awesome! I'm glad you found something. Hollywood is a pretty happening place. I lived there for a while when I first moved here. Got to be a little too Hollywood after a while, but none the less, a cool place. I'm really stoked you found something.

I totally missed the F Yeah Fest this year. How was it?

Well, night one I got super drunk and didn't watch any bands. But I had lots of fun nonetheless. The second night I got to watch Paint It Black and Strike Anywhere and I really enjoyed their sets.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we've set a date of Saturday, October 4th at 10:00, place to be determined.

Thanks everybody! We'll have loads of guitarists, some keys, a bass to play, and a drummer to drum, so there's some chance that we'll sound a little like our favorite band. At the very least, there will be much rocking out. So let me know if you're interested in jamming so I can make sure you can be part of the planning.

I can't wait!

:rock

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, we've set a date of Saturday, October 4th at 10:00, place to be determined.

Okay, we've also got a place -- Amp Rehearsal Studio in North Hollywood in Studio 5, downstairs. At least a couple of us will be there at 10, but we've got the space for a while, so show up when you can. PM me and I'll give you my cell number in case you get lost or need us to open the door or whatever.

Thanks!

Man, I gotta spend some time this week getting them songs down. Good thing I got fired, now I've got lots of free time!

Oh man! Too bad on getting fired. :ohwell I gotta get the songs down too. I figure I'll bring printouts, cause I don't wanna goof up toooooo much.

You folks are gonna have so much fun - wish I could be there. Oh well, at least I HAVE got my friends that I jam with to do a number of Wilco tunes (HS Drugs, VC, Cali Stars etc). Good times!