philly tickets

What a joke! Over 550.00 for a set of tickets and they are not even on the floor if that makes any difference.

WTF? $250 for nosebleeds? And what's the deal with GA floor. Is that admission to any floor location? The Spectrum's seating chart is totally unilluminating.

poppydawn got four mid-priced seats for us right at 10. We're in section 203. She held them while I looked to see if we could pull up anything better, but everything was gone in a few minutes. The best high-priced seats I pulled up were in section 214, which wasn't that much closer. I figured the mid-priced ones would be on the 300 level, so I'm glad we're one level down. We're on Nels's side, no less :dancing

The whole floor is GA. We would've gotten GAs if they were doing what they did at MSG, where the first half of the floor is GA with seats in the back.

It's a relief that we got tickets!

Nels told me when I saw him in New York last weekend that they're playing "a short set," since there's another band on before them. There's no way they'll play for 90 minutes. I think 45 minutes to an hour is more realistic. I'd guess the first band will play until 7:30, Wilco will go on at 8, and Neil Young will be on by 9:15.

I wonder how early the people with GA tickets will show up at the venue in December. I plan on trying to get in the very front, but damn its gonna be a cold, long day waiting at the door.

I did GA for U2's last tour in Buffalo in December. I showed up at maybe 9:30 in the morning with two pairs of long underwear and those hand warmers that hunters put in their gloves and boots (which you can get at outdoor/sporting goods stores). Thankfully they opened the lobby and let us wait inside, but there were plenty of people already there ahead of me. I'm not sure if this show will attract that same diehard crowd, but we decided to buy seats because I knew I won't be able to get down there until a little later in the day, and we didn't want to be stuck in the back.

I did GA for U2's last tour in Buffalo in December. I showed up at maybe 9:30 in the morning with two pairs of long underwear and those hand warmers that hunters put in their gloves and boots (which you can get at outdoor/sporting goods stores). Thankfully they opened the lobby and let us wait inside, but there were plenty of people already there ahead of me. I'm not sure if this show will attract that same diehard crowd, but we decided to buy seats because I knew I won't be able to get down there until a little later in the day, and we didn't want to be stuck in the back.

Crazy. My last finals for the semester are the day before, thankfully. I better pack some gloves.

I've spoiled myself so bad this year its not even funny. I've seen My Morning Jacket 4 times this year, 3 times from the front row. I also saw Wilco from the front row at Delaware.

Does anyone have recommendations for places to stay while in town, whether in the city or the surrounding areas? Thanks!

Stadium Holiday Inn is right across the street from the venue. Nothing to do in that area of the city though except all the stadiums, oh and strip clubs. The Loews hotel downtown is very nice, and there's plenty to do there. Theres a couple of places on the waterfront that are nice too, the Hyatt Regency I think it is.

That Holiday Inn is ridiculously overpriced because it's the only hotel near the sports complex, and when I was there a few years ago it was really run-down. There's a subway stop relatively close by, so you can get back downtown after the show fairly easily. I've always had really good luck with Philadelphia hotels on Hotwire. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for $75 a night a few years ago, and I was at a hotel right at Penn's Landing a few weeks ago for only about $100.

I think we're staying at the Sheraton near the airport. It's suites, and it's pretty reasonably priced (with AAA discount around $90 a room).

We are leaning towards staying near the airport too. Would like to get checked in before the show and that way we won't have to deal with traffic and parking in the city on a short amount of time.

public transportation from center city is pretty simple. the north/south subaway line (there are only 2 in philly with the other going east/west) will drop you off right at the spectrum if you get off at the pattison street station. just watch out for anyone with a hammer if you take it (i wish i was kidding).

i've already got my tickets, but some friends who missed out on the presale have been trying to get them. i thought they were supposed to go on sale today, but ticketmaster and livenation show nothing. does anyone know if my buddies are s.o.o.l. or is the sale starting later today?