Cat Power Covers Space Oddity

I did a quick search for "space oddity" and nothing recent came up for this....

Anyone seen the new lincoln car commercial with Space Oddity by Cat Power? Is this unreleased? I need it in my life!

does she only do songs/covers for ads now? :P

I was thinking the same thing. There was that ad for Diamonds not so long ago with her covering Cat Stevens.

Neither Cat Stevens' "How Can I tell You" nor her cover of Bowie's "Space Oddity" are on either of those discs.

I've seen the new Lincoln ad, and there's no mistaking it's Chan. I remember reading on the Matador Records site (back when the diamond TV commercial was hot) that Chan had NOT recorded a full version of that song, just maybe 0:60 worth, part of which was featured in the commercial. That could have changed, or it could have been mis-information.... as so many folks were groveling for the song to be released. (this was prior to Jukebox)

Kevin

here's something i just thought of;

do you get a bypass from the usual "sell out" talk any time an indie artist has a song on a commercial if it's a cover tune instead of an original (or if they take your tune and change the lyrics/cover it a la Of Montreal/Outback)?