Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads bassist)

If the only thing John Stirratt ever did was the bass line on Handshake Drugs, he would go down in the Bassist's Hall of Fame. Thank goodnes John has done some other things as well. But the bass line in Handshake Drugs is da bomb as the kidz say.

Yep. Shot In The Arm as well - very McCartney-esque you might say.

Shes good but not that good. Didn't Byrne once make her audition for her own job when he was putting the band back together?

My faves would be McCartney, The Ox, Les Claypool and Phil Lesh.

and he was born in Geelong which is an hour's drive away from Melbourne... another side note is that Johnny cash's first American recordings album had it's cover photo shot in the same area

Flea played with Johnny during those Rubin American sessions. Off the top of my head, I know he played on Cash's cover of "Heart of Gold" on the box set. Speaking of that box set, I need to revisit it.

exactly...and another reason that the Who may be the greatest band ever......

LouieB

I ain't sayin' that these other players aren't amazing.

I'm just sayin' that Tina is my favorite; for the reasons stated at the beginning of the thread.

Also... I'm surprised that it took so long to mention this man:

MP_Bootsy_portrait.jpg

Shes good but not that good. Didn't Byrne once make her audition for her own job when he was putting the band back together?

Hah? "Putting the band back together"? Are you talking about the R&R Hall of Fame reunion one-off?

Hah? "Putting the band back together"? Are you talking about the R&R Hall of Fame reunion one-off?

Nope. I remember reading somewhere that they were getting ready to go back into the studio to record and Byrne made her audition with a couple of other players. Can't remember which album it was though.

I will delve deeper and try to find a link.

I ain't sayin' that these other players aren't amazing.

I'm just sayin' that Tina is my favorite; for the reasons stated at the beginning of the thread.

Also... I'm surprised that it took so long to mention this man:

MP_Bootsy_portrait.jpg

Bootsie. I saw a special somewhere that said James Brown was envious of him because he was getting too much attention as the bassist for his band.

i like Tina.

what album is the song you mention from.

other bassists:

whomever plays the bass on I Love You More Today than Yesterday by Spiral Staircase

the guy who played bass on Sunny Day Real Estate's How It Feels album

i like Tina.

what album is the song you mention from.

More Songs About Buildings & Food