Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. :thumbup I rarely see an argument for McCain or any of the other 4 presidental canidates that are not Obama. All I hear is that those of that support Obama control the election thread and spout nonsense about M/P. BS! :monkey I don't see non Obama supporters being bashed here, I see Obama supporters being called lots of silly things because there seems to be more of us and we post many news articles that are pro-O.

really?

It's been answered before, even if you don't remember it. Smaller government, spending controls, decreased taxes (incl. corporate and estate) are important issues to me. There are also issues I don't agree with McCain on, but he is the candidate most in line with my values and thinking.

I agree. :thumbup I rarely see an argument for McCain or any of the other 4 presidental canidates that are not Obama. All I hear is that those of that support Obama control the election thread and spout nonsense about M/P. BS! :monkey I don't see non Obama supporters being bashed here, I see Obama supporters being called lots of silly things because there seems to be more of us and we post many news articles that are pro-O.

Show me the Obama supporters who are trying to squash free speech on this board. I personally have asked 10 times now for an honest and clear argument for anyone that is not Obama. I have yet to see it. All this crying over O supporters making up lies, throwing insults, and ignoring true debate here is nothing more than BS! :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey

I disagree with Obama more than I disagree with McCain on most issues, including taxation, the war in Iraq, healthcare, abortion, and judicial nominees.

It's hard to take you seriously when you use that word.

My point exactly.

That's not an argument dude. Who are you voting for and why. You shouldn't have to even mention Obama in your argument.Tell me who and why..just 5 good reasons.

i don't like that one's policy on taxes.

i don't like that one's policy for universal health care.

i don't like that one's policy for withdrawal from iraq.

i don't like that one's philosophy on supreme court justices.

i don't like that one's philosophy on abortion.

I disagree with Obama more than I disagree with McCain on most issues, including taxation, the war in Iraq, healthcare, abortion, and judicial nominees.

My point exactly.

But what do you agree with what McRetardican proposes?

Honestly, this is kind of where I was coming from with the "less bad" comment, although it didn't come across quite that way.

Oh, now we understand. Really.

Oh, now we understand. Really.

i was asked for five reasons, so i gave them. i couldn't give 2 shits whether you understand or not.

Honestly, this is kind of where I was coming from with the "less bad" comment, although it didn't come across quite that way.

anyone with half a brain understood that.

i do find it funny, that one of the biggest reasons a lot folks here voted for kerry (including me) was based on little more than 'he's not bush'...now, you're poking at people for more detail when they say 'he's not obama'.

can't you guys just get that certain folks may find similiar issues important to them that you do...however, their view of how said issue needs to be addressed can lead them to a candidate that isn't yours. that, kids, is democracy.

I would think it would be obvious to anyone smarter than Sarah Palin that disagreeing with McCain less means agreeing more.

That's not an argument. Don't talk about O. Tell me who you are voting for and what specifically you agree with that person on. If you say taxes, please explain what the policy is about, not just that you agree.

i do find it funny, that one of the biggest reasons a lot folks here voted for kerry (including me) was based on little more than 'he's not bush'...now, you're poking at people for more detail when they say 'he's not obama'.

can't you guys just get that certain folks may find similiar issues important to them that you do...however, their view of how said issue needs to be addressed can lead them to a candidate that isn't yours. that, kids, is democracy.

i get that, though big difference: in '04 we'd already seen just how destructive bush and cronies could be and were (i.e., way more than imagined). the not-obama voters don't have such solid evidence.

really?

It's been answered before, even if you don't remember it. Smaller government, spending controls, decreased taxes (incl. corporate and estate) are important issues to me. There are also issues I don't agree with McCain on, but he is the candidate most in line with my values and thinking.

My problem isn't with you Jules. I know where you stand, your not the one crying all the time over us Obama supporters being mean to you.

i get that, though big difference: in '04 we'd already seen just how destructive bush and cronies could be and were (i.e., way more than imagined). the not-obama voters don't have such solid evidence.

You're right. All we have to go by is Obama's proposals. Now, I suppose he could be a big liar and is actually planning to keep taxes low, cut spending, appoint strict constructionist judges, refrain from further socializing healthcare, etc., but I assume he's being honest and thus do not care to vote for him.

i agree with you, but no matter what sort of spin you put on it...it's still open to interpretation. i may not like it, but i try to be tolerant of it as much as i can.

PATMT, i have no clue what you're doing...let me turn it on you, do you really want to list out each of obama's policies you agree with, how they differ from mccain's and why you support them. by this point, if someone says they like mccain tax policies better than b's, how can you not not know what the differences are?

You're right. All we have to go by is Obama's proposals. Now, I suppose he could be a big liar and is actually planning to keep taxes low, cut spending, appoint strict constructionist judges, refrain from further socializing healthcare, etc., but I assume he's being honest and thus do not care to vote for him.

that's not an argument.

lower

do you mean lower for the wealthy? i'm just curious, since obama's plan IS to lower taxes for the vast majority of americans -- the middle class.

i agree with you, but no matter what sort of spin you put on it...it's still open to interpretation. i may not like it, but i try to be tolerant of it as much as i can.

PATMT, i have no clue what you're doing...let me turn it on you, do you really want to list out each of obama's policies you agree with, how they differ from mccain's and why you support them. by this point, if someone says they like mccain tax policies better than b's, how can you not not know what the differences are?

She wasn't asking for a comparison of every stance. 5 things they agree with McCain. Shouldn't be hard to do if you feel strongly enough to debate for him.

do you mean lower for the wealthy? i'm just curious, since obama's plan IS to lower taxes for the vast majority of americans -- the middle class.

What does wealth have to do with anything? I thought Obama was going to raise taxes on high incomes.

it's pretty hard to know what actually will happen once someone gets into office. bush ran on "compassionate conservatism," and he gets an F for both words, almost from the get-go. i do believe that obama is a more honest person, though.

What does wealth have to do with anything? I thought Obama was going to raise taxes on high incomes.

:dontgetit

She wasn't asking for a comparison of every stance. 5 things they agree with McCain. Shouldn't be hard to do if you feel strongly enough to debate for him.

Give me 5 coherent sentences and I'll give you 5 things on which I agree with McCain.