Aerosmith - Toys In the Attic

Aerosmith is one of the only bands from the early '70s that still has the same lineup as their debut album. That's almost unprecedented.

There was a period of time when Joe and Brad were gone though - and also, the band ceased to be for a while.

I would think these are the albums to have:

Aerosmith

Get Your Wings

Toys in the Attic

Rocks

Draw the Line

Live! Bootleg

Night in the Ruts

Oh man, do I have a story to tell from that tour (later, when I have some time). But you're 100% right on that one.

I'll bet that story gives new meaning to the songs Train Kept a Rolling and Draw the Line :rolleyes

Of course, then I'd have to tell a story about one of those early tours too! :pirate

There was a period of time when Joe and Brad were gone though - and also, the band ceased to be for a while.

True.

Most bands from that era have at least one dead band member, or one who quit and never came back.

The only other bands I can think of from the early/mid '70s that are intact are Rush and ZZ Top.

True.

Most bands from that era have at least one dead band member, or one who quit and never came back.

The only other bands I can think of from the early/mid '70s that are intact are Rush and ZZ Top.

Rush had a different drummer on their first album. But I suppose most folks would still count Peart as the only "real" Rush drummer.

Still, if you want to get into technicalities...

Rush had a different drummer on their first album. But I suppose most folks would still count Peart as the only "real" Rush drummer.

Still, if you want to get into technicalities...

Thanks. I just realized my mistake, and was coming back to correct my post.

Thanks. I just realized my mistake, and was coming back to correct my post.

No problem.

Sometimes it's kinda fun to play the part of the nitpicking a-hole. ;)

True.

We talked about that around here somewhere once. Even if one disregards the first Rush album, Neil came along in August 1974 (I think that is the date), and so, they have been at it since then without a change. Also - U2.

I have all of the 70's albums on vinyl and I think have "Permanent Vacation," as well. "Rocks" is not only my favorite, but I saw an interview once where Slash said it was his favorite record of all time and that Appetite would've never happened had there been no "Rocks."

I'll bet that story gives new meaning to the songs Train Kept a Rolling and Draw the Line :rolleyes

Of course, then I'd have to tell a story about one of those early tours too! :pirate

"Hey, Columbus!!" (they were in Indy). At one point, I'll never forget this, JP was up on the drum riser jamming right next to Kramer - looking Keef cool with the cig and guitar slung down low. He then falls flat on his face onto the stage. BRRRAANNGG! Loud screech from the guitar... roadie comes out, gets him up on his feet...hands him a different guitar...gives him a new cig, lights it. JP goes on playin' like nothing had even happened.

A Rock and Roll true story. :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Slash's love for Rocks has been well documented. Found this interview with James Hetfield (Metallica) today that I thought I should share:

What album have you listened to more than any other?

I'd have to say Aerosmith's Rocks. When I was 15, I went over to watch this band rehearse. All I had was this little combo amp, and they had a real PA, the smell of the gear, the smell of tubes burning . . . I got hooked. In the back they had some Aerosmith records, and they played Rocks. At that point, I fell into the rock & roll fever. That was it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/240...ames_hetfield/1