Christ for President

Passenger Side

Jesus, Etc.

The Late Greats

California Stars

I Shall be Released

Wilco the Song

ITMWLY

It was a fun show. Feingold spoke before they went on and tried to act like he had Wilco cred. He mentioned how he liked the Mermaid Avenue Wilco cds and their cover of I Shall be Released, and when I say mentioned, I mean he read them (haltedly) off of a piece of paper in his hand. The performance was what was to be expected--nothing spectacular, but pretty friggin good nonetheless. I cannot get over how good Jeff sounds these last couple years, and it just keeps getting better. During Wilco the Song, the "Colbert" part was replaced with "Feingold" which leads me to guess it'll be "Wilco" in the studio/normal Wilco shows. It does feel weird seeing a show and then coming home by 1:30, but I'll take all the Wilco I can get.

If all concerts took place on weekends and were over by 1:00 p.m., I would be so happy. A really fun morning/afternoon - and now I'm certain "Wilco the Song" will be going through my head for the next week. I've already voted, but I'm more eager than ever for Tuesday to come.

2998150136_33d57c94f8.jpg

During Wilco the Song, the "Colbert" part was replaced with "Feingold" which leads me to guess it'll be "Wilco" in the studio/normal Wilco shows. It does feel weird seeing a show and then coming home by 1:30, but I'll take all the Wilco I can get.

I love the possibilites for replacing the name in that song! :lol

Yeah, I'm all for shows in the early afternoon. :dancing

It was a nice show, and it was fun to hear Wilco The Song live. I also was unsure about Sen. Feingold's opening since he claimed to have some knowledge of Wilco and then explained that he liked serene music--what his staffers sometimes call "old guy music." Hmmmm....waiting for the political spin... He then went on to say that whenever a particular staffer was driving and controlling the music, the Senator would ask, "Now who's this?" and it was always Wilco. That's when he went on to mention the Mermaid Ave compilations and ISBR. The first 5 rows or so were reserved for staffers from the Feingold and Baldwin campaigns, and then it was GA.

Here are a couple of pictures. I don't have the focus to take pictures and enjoy the show, so after I snapped a few I put my camera away. They're nothing spectacular, but they give the general idea.

Oct08178.jpg

Oct08179.jpg

I love the possibilites for replacing the name in that song!

It's the new Kingpin!