--Thurston County

--Exiled

Set 2

--A Cause for Concern

--Reconciliation

--Thurstonius

--Attempted

--Stela for Jefferson

Great set list. I like the pairing of He Still Carries A Torch for Her and Thurston County. Cause For Concern is always pretty mind-blowing, too. I hope they get around to recording Thurstonius at some point, because it's such a fun little tune. And Stela for Jefferson and Exiled? They were really breaking into the oldies! It took me over a year to track down the N.C. Trio album that has Exiled on it since it's been out of print so long.

It took me over a year to track down the N.C. Trio album that has Exiled on it since it's been out of print so long.

Which one is that on? Silencer? I think I have all the trio albums, but I'm bad with song names. I'd like to go back and listen to that tune and try to imagine the Singers' take on it.

Nels hasn't brought the Singers to Atlanta since right after the first album came out. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't come here either if I were him, but it'd be nice to see them again.

pneyu thank you for the setlist...it was my first time seeing the singers and wow what a lesson in experimental music history. Feel like I've "been somewhere" . Took a young muscian friend from work and he was thrilled with Nels...and his friends from Deerhoof. Add to that an Eric McFadden sighting :thumbup Well I guess we all know I think Nels keeps great company :worship

Which one is that on? Silencer? I think I have all the trio albums, but I'm bad with song names. I'd like to go back and listen to that tune and try to imagine the Singers' take on it.

Nels hasn't brought the Singers to Atlanta since right after the first album came out. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't come here either if I were him, but it'd be nice to see them again.

Exiled is on Silencer and Stela for Jefferson is on Ground (my favorite Trio album, I think). There's a video of the Singers doing Exiled somewhere on YouTube, I think. They do a lovely version of it, that's for sure.

This past summer was the first time they'd toured in six years. Both runs of shows went well, so they're hoping to tour a lot more often, but Nels's schedule can be tough to work with. I didn't want to wait for them to make it to the northeast and took off after them instead. Every show was worth the insane amount of travel and they promised me they're coming to me next time they tour to make up for it :lol

Every show was worth the insane amount of travel and they promised me they're coming to me next time they tour to make up for it :lol

Sounds good. Maybe I'll head to the northest to see them. I haven't been up there since my grandparents died several years ago, so I'm overdue for a visit anyway.

pneyu thank you for the setlist...it was my first time seeing the singers and wow what a lesson in experimental music history. Feel like I've "been somewhere" . Took a young muscian friend from work and he was thrilled with Nels...and his friends from Deerhoof. Add to that an Eric McFadden sighting :thumbup Well I guess we all know I think Nels keeps great company :worship

One of these days we're actually going to meet at one of these shows. :lol

Any chance you're going to this?