Jay Bennett's new album

• 1 month later...

I like the album very much, and I mean very much, but what I find seriously disturbing and kind of off-putting is that he had to go and mention "Pillowy Stars" as well as "Cracked Door Moons" in "Little Blue Pills". Kind of a cheap shot if you ask me, and totally unworthy of his undoubtful talent. :no

I like the album very much, and I mean very much, but what I find seriously disturbing and kind of off-putting is that he had to go and mention "Pillowy Stars" as well as "Cracked Door Moons" in "Little Blue Pills". Kind of a cheap shot if you ask me, and totally unworthy of his undoubtful talent. :no

maybe he initially helped with/penned that line in collaboration?

guess we'll never know :)

does seem weird otherwise tho

Yes I thought he might have been involved in this particular lyric and therefore think he somehow owns the rights to use it, but still, it is a very distinctive phrase that you unlike e.g. "this and that" won't find anywhere else, and definitely can't "just" write it accidentally, so yes, it seems odd and uncalled for IMHO.

If I remember correct, many of the lyrics for She's a Jar were the product of an exercise where a notebook was stationed at the back of their bus and anyone in the band could write a line but only see the previous line written. The writer then would cover up the line they responded to for the next contributor to respond to theirs.

I think I remember something like that.

I really like this Jay Bennett album though. Just checking it out for the first time.