Jay Bennett's new album

wow, this release came out of left field. I was looking forward to 'KATPA' after listening to that cigarette machine song. anything by Bennett that is stripped-down and more acoustic based is awesome. not that is other work is bad, I just prefer that sense of intimacy his more basic tunes evoke. like 'The Beloved Enemy,' that's one of my fav. records of all time. can't wait to hear this!

Do you think the album title is a message to Tweedy?

Yes, everything Jay does is in response to something that happened nearly 8 years ago. :rolleyes

I liked the album, though it came kinda background noise after awhile, and I could tell one song from another. I am glad to hear that Jay has reigned himself in. Though I think a bit too much. Hopefully the next album will have a balance of the two. Highlights are Ed Burch on back vocals on a song (I'll Decorate My Love), Engines are Idle, and the Daniel Johnston cover (wicked World). Of course that it was free :thumbup

This is not the type of album I was expecting. But it's actually pretty good. I've never been a huge fan of his stuff, he always sound like he's trying to hard, but this sounds pretty good.