Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes on both counts. I was also surprised they didn't play 'Good', since that seems like an obvious choice for a live song. I read the setlist from the Boston show though, and it looks like they changed things up. So I guess it just depends on what they felt like playing.

Have a great time!!

I had the time of my life last night. Sadly I don't make it to see bands very often, so this was actually the smallest show I've been to. I was right up in front of the stage by Jimbo having a great time all night long. Saw Jason up close a couple times before the show which was kinda cool.

Deer Tick was great too. I found the vocals much more listenable in the live setting than I had when listening to their album, which was a plus. The lead singer was incredible to watch on the guitar - finger-picking and all.

Deer Tick was great too. I found the vocals much more listenable in the live setting than I had when listening to their album, which was a plus. The lead singer was incredible to watch on the guitar - finger-picking and all.

I 100% agree. I saw them open up for Jenny Lewis and really liked them. Then I bought the album and didn't dig it at all. Playing live is definitely their strength.

Glad you had a great time!

NPR has the Philadelphia show up

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit Live

That link isn't correct.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=101202342

• 2 weeks later...

I saw him over the weekend. The new songs weren't as good live as I'd hoped, but he had a horn section with him (any idea if they're doing all the dates on the tour?) so "No Choice in the Matter" sounded fantastic.

I just listened again after a few weeks' hiatus. I just do not tire of Sunstroke. I need to see him again, damnit!

Same here. I went back to it after being unimpressed by the first few listens and then it just clicked into place. Some great songs on there like the one you mentioned.

You going? I want a full report of what to expect, I got tickets to see him on 4/11.

Seattle's a little far from memphis. They usually put these things online, no? That's the reason I posted it.

He was in Memphis last week, and I didn't go. :hmm

Seattle's a little far from memphis. They usually put these things online, no? That's the reason I posted it.

He was in Memphis last week, and I didn't go. :hmm

Oops, I'm a dumbass and didn't even look at the link. Very cool though, maybe I can stream a preview!