Deerhunter Microcastle

for the guitar work alone on nothing ever happens this is a great record. Sure there are dreary moments but when the gaze kicks in it really kicks.

Wheather or not you take Bradford Cox seriously as a songwriter is irelevent this album is pure joy for fans of noise and pop.

A-

I didn't like Cryptograms, or either of their shows I saw back when they were just another small-time-nobody Atlanta band opening for other small-time-nobody bands in shithole Atlanta clubs.

I really like the tunes I've heard so far on Microcastle, though. So much so that I ordered their cd yesterday.

If you have the opportunity, go see them. Great energy - sort of a wall of sound, controlled fury dreamscape. Well, like the albums.

When I saw them last year, Cox was in drag and distant. This year he was wearing jeans and a flannel. What? Yup. Much more engaging with the audience. It helped that a majority of the room was dancing right from the start. One of the better shows I've seen this year.

Very into all their previous work. Really love Microcastle/Weird Era, Cont..